Got some money, now for the tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
So, ive already decided to install a Kaaz LSD, but im gonna need a new clutch, and probably a new flywheel.

My final horsepower goals for my H22 are gonna be close to 500 at the crank (look up my build, and youll believe it) i just dont know what clutch will hold that power in a honda. Also, is it a good idea to upgrade flywheels. I know aluminum probably wont be a good idea, but what else is there.

If youve got any links post em up. Id be happy to read any suggestions yall have.

why kaaz? does obx have one out for the h-series yet?

exedy twin disk y0.
EDIT: link to clutch, no H22 in there, i'm just assuming they make one for it.
http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/exedy_m...plate_clutches/
it's bad ass clutch that will hold anything you'll be able to throw at it.
the disks clatter a bit when the clutch petal is down, that can get kind of annoying when sitting at a stop. but that's the price you pay for having a streetable clutch setup that will hold 900hp. any other clutch that will hold your kind of power is going to be a bitch to drive.

stock flywheel is fine, just get it resurfaced and balanced if you haven't done so before.

clutchnet.com check it out lots os great clutches for all ssorts of apps and very good prices

I was thinking either what Bryan posted. My only dislike of twin plate is the noise. I just didnt know what yall had used before. I know not many people are making the kind of power im building for, but most of yall read as much if not more than i do.

400 ft/lbs is probably where i will be, so i hope that 6 puck will hold. From reading, 6 puck is more streetable, but i still have a lil more research to do. If yall have any information on clutch design, id love it if you posted em.

Quoted post[/post]]
...My only dislike of twin plate is the noise...
it's not that bad, just put it in neutral.

Quoted post[/post]]I know not many people are making the kind of power im building for...
hit up the fi forums on h-t and ask the question if you want words of expirence.

i would never buy some ebay clutch to put on my built motor. if you know anybody with built cars, try to see if you can drive a car with a comparable clutch to what you're looking at.

I live in Texas. Its all mustangs/camaros out here. No import scene worth mentioning. Its all rice. Guys who throw NoS or a turbo kit and expect to beat Camaro SSes

The Kaaz LSD is quite noisy too. I have an ATS clutch type which is very similar to the Kaaz. The thing is quite the pain in the ass to drive on the street. Making U turns your inside wheel will hop and it sounds like you're about to break an axle (event though you probably wont). The LSD really shines on the road course though. I guess I should say only get that LSD if you plan on doing alot of road racing or drag racing, its not the best streetable LSD.

Well now that my car is running ALMOST right (fixed the timing...off 8 degrees...wtf!?) i just have the EGR making the car run a little rich. Ill probably be at the strip every other week (making the random guys who bring their 94 Mustang GTs cry). I dont get much road racing in because Texas Motor Speedway is the only place to do it. They rarely have open infield days because of the driving schools.

Back