Got some stuff for the hatch in today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
got some goodies in the mail today...

gallery_24518_170_1099018953.jpg

gallery_24518_170_1099019009.jpg

gallery_24518_170_1099018787.jpg

gallery_24518_170_1099018869.jpg

gallery_24518_170_1099019088.jpg

gallery_24518_170_1099019189.jpg

gallery_24518_170_1099019360.jpg

gallery_24518_170_1099019296.jpg

gallery_24518_170_1099019436.jpg

gallery_24518_170_1099019568.jpg

I've got almost no floorspace in my room...but it's awesome.

Saturday I'm taking my block to Intercrew to get spec'd for bearings, and to get the bearings ordered, then the Saturday after that I'm picking up the block, pistons, rods, and bearings from Intercrew. Hopefully by then I'll have received the rings from ImportBuilders, and can start putting everything together on Sunday after next.

12's by crimmus!

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 28 2004, 10:45 PM
why the block guard and why the 4 puck clutch?
[post=408922]Quoted post[/post]​

why are you so critical of everything he says? can't you just be happy for him once? jeebus

lookin good y0!!

[Will Ferrel as Harry Carry]"curiosity i guess"[/Will Ferrel as Harry Carry]

lol.

but seriously the block guard seems unnessary to me, i mean mike ran his b20/vtec for 40k+ miles on the same compression with no problems. IMO all it will do is restrict coolant flow.

and nothing really critical on the ctuch disc, just that its gonna be crazy aggressive. and again in my eyes, not necessary and something that could possibly cause damage to the transmission.

other then that its all badass and i wish i could handle his debt, lol.

and im VERY interested in hearing how the RSR exhaust sounds. i want one so bad but i cant justify getting rid of the thermal. did you get the full catback or just the axle back? and one more question, do you plan to coat the header at all? just wondering since it will rust.

Dude STAY AWAY FROM BLOCK GUARDS!

They work great if you want nothing but a track car.

I've heard nothing but bad stuff about block guards unless used for a track only car.

If you're going to do it...... do it right.

get the motor sleeved. then later on you might want to slap a little or LOT of boost to it =)

Goddamn dude you seriously have too much fucking money.

I've put an intake on my car in the same time you've modded the fuck out of your fo do, bought a prelude, sold the prelude and bought a hatch, swapped a b16 and now are already modding the fuck out of it.

Christ... must be nice to not have any real world bills.

but... looks fuckin pimp. :p

no hes just in a lot of debt. lol. he mentioned int he other thread that he took out a loan to pay for it.

1. It's the whole RSR cat-back.

2. Yes, I'm going to at LEAST spray some high-temp clearcoat on it

3. Jeffie - no shit? Hmm...thanks for the info...looks like I won't be using it.

4. James - I'm a telemarketer. I make $14 an hour, and live with a roommate, so that the only bills I have to pay are $250 for rent plus food and gas and other small expenses. I also have a little over $8k of debt.

5. It's a thermostat.

6. Weakass ctr trannies?

7. Spectacle - Everything that you see in my sig cost me right under $6k, except for the head, which I already had.

8. It's the JDM ITR from JHPUSA.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Oct 29 2004, 04:48 AM-->
spectacle
@Oct 29 2004, 04:24 AM
"not a bad way to spend 10 thousand dollars"
[post=408982]Quoted post[/post]​

:D nice .... anyways what header is that .. is it the type-r replica off egay?
[post=408984]Quoted post[/post]​

high temp clear is gonna be a waste of your time....i dont know of anyone whos been able to put anything on a header that will withstand the heat and not burn off....good luck...oh and sick build man

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Oct 29 2004, 05:07 AM
:ph34r: lol tranny wont handle that clutch ..BAHAHAHAHAH thats the funniest thing i have heard all day... those weakass ctr trannies !
[post=408977]Quoted post[/post]​

actually, puck style clutches are very bad for the transmission because of their such such sudden activation. I have seen alot of people on HT that have ruined their ITR/ctr/si ect tranny because of it.

ehh....I've ruined a transmission over less.

j/k...well, I mean, I have...but this isn't going to see too many highway miles. I live about 2 blocks from my work, and about 8 miles from the track.

edit: and this is ACT's equivalent of a stage 2...it's the 2600....

pimp shit as i stated on aim last night will

edit: my girlfriend was talking you most of the time will

You really don't need a 4 puck... but I would still try to get a clutch disc with a sprung hub- that will reduce the wear and tear on your transmission by quite a bit. I don't know makes one- but Phillip knows. He had a 6 puck disc in teh shop with a sprung hub that he showed me once, so ask him about it.

If you're going to use the block guard, get it welded in before you have the block bored/honed.

You can send the header out to be ceramic coated for about $150 I think. Spray painting with high temp paint isn't worth your time and trouble- it's just going to burn off after a few weeks.

Oh yeah, UPS tracking shows that the pistons and rods already got to Intercrew. I guess I should have saved the cash and skipped the $1000 of insurance- but better safe than sorry right?

I think I'm gonna call prostreet, and see if I can exchange the clutch...

and I'm driving up to Intercrew tomorrow...w00t!

Goodies are good. Looking good mang. Sorry if you already answered this question but what kind of header is that?

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 29 2004, 12:16 PM
I think I'm gonna call prostreet, and see if I can exchange the clutch...

and I'm driving up to Intercrew tomorrow...w00t!
[post=409118]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

Back