Got started on my Wire Tuck! 56k warning(I hope I know what I'm doing...)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Update 9/20:
I've finished the drivers side!

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

I've got a few more wires more wires to run then I can start putting body parts back on.

Oh, and this sucks:
I noticed my carpet in front of my passenger's seat was wet. I inclined the seat forward and found this:

1.jpg

2.jpg

So I ran the vac over it few times:
3.jpg

Then put a fan on it. (I'll leave it on there over night)
4.jpg

5.jpg

I just sure hope it doesnt mold!
I'll do everything I can to prevent having to get new carpet.
Anybody have any suggestions on what to do?

Well first find the cause... On old Hondas 99% of the time its the sunroof channels being clogged, or a leaking window because of rotted moulding.

Nice Flashlight. Ryobi 18v FTMFW!

I'm thinking it's the door moldings.
The sunroof area has no water around it.(none of my headliner in for that fact)
Thats the ONLY wet spot on my car.

And yeah, these flashlights rock!

I think today I'll be mainly working on the carpet issue. I might run the last of the wires for the fuse box.
Update later today.

I think thats his horn.

Andrew - looking good, I can't wait to see the completed car when you finally finish!

I think thats his horn.

Andrew - looking good, I can't wait to see the completed car when you finally finish!

Yep, thats my OOGA horn. I actually just finished wiring it up to my car's setup, so my steering wheel button activates it. :ph34r: I tell you what... it is almost the funniest thing to roll up in front of the mall or something and blare it(b/c it's loud) and watch people scream!

Thanks bro. I should be finished soon. I can't wait either!

update 9-21

Officially finished the drivers side.
54.jpg

And the fusebox. I know it doesnt look very clean in the pics, but I believe the trans will hide most of it, and it's all very secure.
55.jpg

56.jpg

And a slight change of pace-
57.jpg

-Andrew

now pain the engine bay white again for a new clean look. That minor rust sticks out pretty bad

Update 9/22
Way ahead of you Abel!

Picked up some equipment to do the battery relocation(and some other needed things)
For refference, I'm useing 4g wire for the main battery wire, and 6g for the fusebox(which I'll just be splicing off the main one in the engine bay.)

59.jpg

Then I put all the body parts back on:
60.jpg

Then I painted the engine bay(mainly worried/focused on the wheel wells and the top of the firewall, since thats all you really see.
I ran out of paint so I couldn't paint the T-bracket and headlight brackets (was NOT a full can. Just something I had laying around)

61.jpg

62.jpg

Last edited:
well, I think for it being my first tuck, first time ever wiring on a car, and with doing it differently than just about everyone else I've seen, I think I didn't do half bad..

Thanks for the comments!

Update 9/25

Finished the battery relocation(4g wire for starter and 6g for fusebox, purchased at Lowes(refference)).
63.jpg

And just for fun:
64.jpg

65.jpg

After I installed the battery I turned on the car(accessory) and checked the headlights- THEY WORK!! YAY!!!
That means I didn't screw anything up! woot!
----------------
Today I think I decided to pull some tape off and yank the fusebox, and *maybe* the engine harness connecters, into the cabin. LIKE THIS. Thats the pic that inspired me to do it, and This thread, along with many other pictures and random threads, inspired me to even attempt the tuck at all!

-Andrew

I'm having my bro weld me up a SS battery box that I'll insulate with rubber and bolt it down.

Should be pretty clean.

nice man. kepp the writes coming. looks like your making a hobby out of it. I find them very useful and inspiring. keep up the good clean work.

Doesnt Advanced Auto carry them?

I'll look into it, but the last time I glanced at them, It seemed that it was too big.
I'll go back with a tape measure and see for sure.

yes and autozone. they sell different sizes.

Back