Got started on my Wire Tuck! 56k warning(I hope I know what I'm doing...)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah. I'll have to check into that, however my bro's SS or Diamond Plate box would look better.... :)

Update 9/27:

This is how my fusebox was located.

67.jpg

68.jpg

And I decided I didn't really like that location. It didn't really seem to satisfy me as far as the looks of the Tuck. So I did this:

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

And it yielded this in the Engine bay:
72.jpg

73.jpg

Then closed up the gromet(will have to open it again to install the Engine harness, but o well. thats about 2 weeks away). And it looks better at different angles. it's nice and tight.-
74.jpg

Heres a shot of the Engine bay now.
I love wire tucks...
75.jpg

I love wire tucks...
I love wire tucks...
I love wire tucks...
I love wire tucks...
I love wire tucks...
I love wire tucks...

:)
-Andrew

No comments on my fusebox relocation?
I don't really know what I'm gonna do with my ECU.
I think it'll just sit there for a while.............

Wire tuck looks sweet man. Try mounting the ecu under the passenger seat. Isn't that where they are stock?

Wire tuck looks sweet man. Try mounting the ecu under the passenger seat. Isn't that where they are stock?

No, the ECU is under the carpet in the foot well of the passenger side....

Yea, i wasnt feeling the fuse box location... but glad you moved it.

yeah it looked kinda wierd...
And it wasnt that hard to move it... at all...

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I can't wait to see what it'll look like with the motor in.

wow, nice relocation of that fuse box.

and whats the problem with hiding the ecu? just shove it under the carpet where it was.

Well, because under the kick panel(gold thing), at least for now anyway, I've got the engine harness under there, so my ECU won't fit.
Plus for some reason the P28 doesn't really bolt up to the stock 4 studs on the floor board. only the bottom 2 do. ?

Anyway. I'm sure I'll find a place for it, but thats where it's at for now.
I've got about 2 weeks until my motor arrives, so I've got plenty of time to figure stuff out.

?

I was referring to the kick panel. I meant that it didn't want to line up with all the studs that are used to hold the ECU down.

Its just sitting there for now. I don't plan on leaving it there...

theres no problem with leaving it unbolted. just have the covers on it and should be fine. my ecu is just laying there. been laying there for all summer, lol. random tuning ftw!

Yeah I might leave it for now.
Heres a Quick Update:

Put the glove box and seats back in. I also took a couple more pics of the engine bay.

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

:thumbsup: looks awesome man.. i'd paint the spot near the headlight, it sticks out like a sore thumb

The headlight brackets?

Yeah, I ran out of paint! lol.. I know that part looks like garbage compared to the repainted stuff..
I'll get some more paint and do the entire bay again.

Well Calesta, unless you've already purchased some stuff online or something, maybe I could save your some trouble... Lowes carries everything you need, except for the box and mounting brackets(although you could probably make something with what they have there...).

I used 4 ga for the starter and 6 ga for the fusebox. After doing it I realized that 8 ga wouldof been maybe better for the fusebox, because I had to trim some wires to fit 1. into the ring connecter, and 2 into the fusebox itself.

The 4 ga wire is $0.25/ft.
The 6 ga wire is $0.19/ft - or something like that.
Bought some connectors for connnecting the 4 ga to the starter and ring terminals(if you don't already have some layin around somewhere), and it was about $5.00 with some heat-shrink tubing and stuff.

So all in all I'm sofar about $20 into it, but I still have yet to buy the box.

Like TurboMirage said, Advanced Auto's Marine battery box's work pretty well, and I know they carry mounting brackets, so I'll probably just buy one of those.

I've seen pretty good kits on Ebay for around $70-80, but then again... you can have that for 1/2 the price by doing it yourself(which I know you can!)

Anyway.. Just tryin to help a 'brotha out.

I'm not sure.

I believe the requirement is it has to be sealed and secured at 6 points, but I'm not positive. thats just something I seem to remember hearing.

Well Calesta, unless you've already purchased some stuff online or something, maybe I could save your some trouble... Lowes carries everything you need, except for the box and mounting brackets(although you could probably make something with what they have there...).

Anyway.. Just tryin to help a 'brotha out.

No problem- I know what I need and where to get it- just have to do it. :)

are all boxes NHRA legal tho?

No.

i thought that lengthing the wires was not good? i hear about strectching to achieve this look? im not a wiring guru but some componets have a certain resistances based on the original length? or am i a space cadet lol.

Back