Got started on my Wire Tuck! 56k warning(I hope I know what I'm doing...)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got the entire engine harness cleaned up and simplified for the tuck. It's gotta look awsome!

wires2.jpg

And check out my engine swap thread for pics of the latest stuff going on in the garage!

peace
-Andrew

Got the injectors split up so I can quickly plug them up under the IM!

DSCN1100.jpg

And I also finished tapping everything up. I'm ready to rock and roll! the lengths on everything look fine.
If anything, a little too long.

DSCN1105.jpg

-Andrew

nice man. I'll be at your place tomm. i'm gonna try to go to the meeting if nothing else comes up. Cant wait to see you engine bay.

whats up the motor?

KMS was out of town today. I tried to call, but then remembered him saying he wouldnt be around.

I'll be calling him first thing in the morning to see whats up. He told me originally supposed to be done late October. Now I'm two weeks into Nov, and no motor.

I'll update tomorrow. See ya around!

Awsome write-up bro.... your car looks great. I started readin b/c i was interested in doing this myself and now i am doing it! Did you ever find out where the water came from??? hows your weather seals on your passenger door? just curious... I'm buying a rex b4 the new year, I'm actually looking at a white one right now! 88 HF... 1800lbs......... :D

well, good luck with everything and keep us posted!!

-Jamie

Thanks Jamie. The water is/was coming from the sunroof drain tubes being clogged. I just need to blow them out.
GL on getting into the EF world!

I'm getting $400 taken off the final price.
That means I will only end up paying about $500 TOTAL for this fully built z6. (sold my truck, kinda like free money :))

Should be here this week. They are finishing up the flywheel(lighten/surface) today, so they should ship this week.

KMS has taken forever with that build.. been following the thread for awhile.
It should rip when you get it back though, nice work man!

Thanks, and yeah, they have taken WAYY too long.

4 months for a stupid 1.6l motor. BS. plus he's been lying to me...
Stay away from KMS.

After he sends my motor, I'll lay into him and tell him whats on my mind. I don't wanna get him fired up until I've got the motor on the way.

I'd be so pissed.
But yeah probably a good idea to wait on giving him a piece of your mind lol. Don't want that z6 to come back with stock internals in a box or something.
When do they claim they are going to ship it?

Yeah hopefully, I want to see the rest of the engine swap thread completed.
Its going to look really nice with the wire tuck. I'm thinking of doing one when I swap the LS into my EK hatch.. I'm just not sure yet.

Back