Got stuck in a rough spot here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I can't believe someone would take a check for $40k and sign over the title for a house before the check cleared...

I also don't understand why the first thing you did wasn't 'go to the police'...

no contracts? no witnesses?

seriously? are you that naive? fucking report that shit!

no need to be scared of me... I'm a peaceful, fun loving person :)
i'm sure you are. but i have a feeling if things went bad, you would be scary to deal with.

on that note, my dad threatened some guy who robbed him, that if he got ahold of the guy, he would kill him, burn his ashes and feed his remains to the horses. now that is scary.

i'm sure you are. but i have a feeling if things went bad, you would be scary to deal with.

on that note, my dad threatened some guy who robbed him, that if he got ahold of the guy, he would kill him, burn his ashes and feed his remains to the horses. now that is scary.

Lol i agree on both parts.
But burning the dead horses that ate his ashes and feeding it to his family is even worse though.

BTW. Called the one bank. Apparently one check went though, and the other one wont talk to us. Our bank is saying they both bounced, and are currently checking with bookkeeping and contacting the banks to get this resolved.

Waiting for this to come back before going to the police. Printing out the emails right now for the conversations between them.

go to the police now, if the banks fix the problem later they will let the police know. better off gettting a quick start on this.

go to the police now, if the banks fix the problem later they will let the police know. better off gettting a quick start on this.

:werd:

this is one of those situations where you really do need to get the police involved
get them involved
stay on their as about it
and let things run through
if the checks come out to be ok and the banks simply fucked up... no big deal the cops will close the case... but you want to get them involved ASAP so they can keep an eye on things/them

If you wait to go to the cops, it's going to be that much harder to get everything straightened out if/when you actually need the cops.

If you wait to go to the cops, it's going to be that much harder to get everything straightened out if/when you actually need the cops.

Agreed, Thanks so much for all the advice and help. A great reminder of why I love Hondaswap. It's like a wannabe dysfunctional family kinda love.

I'll hold off till about 3pm to head for the cops, first i need to make sure what my mother is saying what they told her is completely accurate.

But I am also thinking since the bank will be redepositing the bounced check to try to get it to clear. What i was initially told was they informed my mother they had insufficient funds on Monday. and yesterday the check bounced back from the deposit Saturday. I'm temped to hold off till tomorrow morning to see what happens before doing so. Because it will give even more evidence that at least one of the 2 checks is 100% certified bounced. This probably the most mentally retarded paragraph ever.

Heck, maybe I should start a poll.

In the end. I'll post up the end results and will be discussing the next course of action with the parties involved. This may also just be a case of retarded people is what I'm finding out.

Thanks again for all the help.:police:

I think we need a sticky for the best course of action to take against scammers. Or does the search own me this morning.
Like. contact police.. Then again reading helps.

I think we need a sticky for the best course of action to take against scammers. Or does the search own me this morning.
Like. contact police.. Then again reading helps.
we don't really need a sticky for this. the key is to use common sense and be patient.

in the case for $40k, you use an attorney and go directly to the bank and do a wire transfer. common sense should be used. never be naive to the possibility of being scammed. I thought it was common sense to never take a private party check. like i said before, i wouldn't take a $100 check, let alone one for $40k. I would only accept funds from a mortgage lender.

you guys selling anymore houses? I'm very interested :ph34r:

Sweet. maybe i should just start a real estate agency purely on trust :D

BTW I don't accept private checks, just I have naive family members, and yes. patience is almost undoubtedly always the key.

That's odd. I mean, you can't really "run" away with a house. If real estate laws are so open ended in that area, I would simply open the door with .00 buckshot and bury the lucky new homeowner under the foundation.

"Look at that ! It's my house again !"

That's odd. I mean, you can't really "run" away with a house. If real estate laws are so open ended in that area, I would simply open the door with .00 buckshot and bury the lucky new homeowner under the foundation.

"Look at that ! It's my house again !"

ROFL..

Ironically. It's a prefab home.

Ok. got an update from you guys.
After calling the banks and gathering anything required. The other party is deciding to work with us, especially after their bank called them telling them that someone was looking into the bounced check.

Kinda makes the person seem more like the just are an opportunist than your everyday scammer.

Well the bank is holding the checks and cash till they clear but for now I do not think we have anymore issue. Since the larger of the 2 checks went through the one bank but our bank is just holding it for the time for their weird reasons.

Once again thanks for the help and support.:D

you come out of nowhere, you say absolutely nothing, you inflict your predetermined punishment upon them, you leave silently... you don't want them to know why they are being punished... get fucking rid of EVERYTHING

If this wasn't so long, I'd put it in my signature to remind me never to fuck with E.

second rule is: be patient... if the situation requiring revenge happened recently, that means you are going to be fresh in their mind and will be at or near the top of their list of people who might have done something to them... if you wait (length of time depends on how serious the offense was... the more serious the longer you wait) the chance of them pissing off someone else in that time rises, keeping the focus off of you, if they even remember you at that point... the longer you wait the better your chance of getting away with it

third rule: you come out of nowhere, you say absolutely nothing, you inflict your predetermined punishment upon them, you leave silently... you don't want them to know why they are being punished...

fourth rule: get rid of anything used in the retaliation...

I do not believe that this is the END of his list, people. Do NOT taunt the pros, please.

It is SO REMARKABLY easy to ... exact revenge ... that it's scary. And I would never get caught.

Well, just an update for anyone who care ;).

Check finally passed though. Banks held them for almost 3 weeks to make sure everything cleared right. Didn't take much to get the person who wrote the checks to become cooperative.

Morale of the story. Don't accept large checks from third parties.
Heck, I hardly accept them from family.:ph34r:

Back