Got the b20 now what?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kolumbo69

I got the b20 so now what do you figure i should do i was either thinking of using overboard itr pistons with a gsr head and some nice cams like skunk... got any other ideas, i was also thinking of going with the ibspec pistons and rods from import builders not sure though. Take into mind i can only get 91 octane and my budget isnt unlimited.thanx GUys and gals ;)

you cant get overbored itr pistons in 84mm size i think that the biggest the oem pistons go is 81.25 at least thats what i found when i was looking

turbo that bitch!. :spin: CTR pistons would be sweet too if you're just looking for an all motor app.

There are no OEM high compression pistons for the B20. I suggest you turbo that beast. That'd be a giant killer.

I think i was thinking more of a n/a one of my friends that has built some nice engines wants to shoot for 240hp which will actually on really be like 200 210 cause in calgary where way above sea level but im thinking turbo anyone know how much a good turbo setup would cost with around those numbers or higher

NA, then I woudl go with some strong sleeves, crower rods, Weisco pistons set at 12:1~ give or take, Toda cams and valvetrain components, all new Bearings, ARP rod bolts and head studs, and mate it to a S4 tranny with a nice Kaaz diff on it, clutch, flywheel, and hondata. dont' forget some skinnies in the rear :)

skinnies lol its aint going to hit the quarter its going to be for some circuit racing they do here some quarter milling though, will it have to have sleeves or is that a safe bet ?

it doesn't have to get resleeved, seen many rides without resleeving and taken the abuse, but the higher int he rpm band you want to go the more stress is created, i think it would be in anyones best interested, since the motor will be apart for rebuilding anyways, to just get the sleeves done,

cool thanx man, when i get my baby all done ill post the big bad pics. I guess i didnt want to resleeve it cause i wanted to keep the cost down a little bit but i want to do it right so ill save up. Do you think i should with a vtec head or just stay dohc if so for vtec head which one i know the gsr will give a .o2 bump in compression, but i was told dohc is better because there is more ability to go to the extremes with cam tuning and such.

VTEC head > non VTEC head

It's also more expensive. Built properly, you can get pretty good power and lots of torque out of the B20 without VTEC, and without resleeving the engine. If the block is in good shape and you're going to stay all motor, I would leave the sleeve as it is.

You can't put any OEM Honda pistons in it except for other B20B/Z pistons... only the B20 came with an 84mm bore. You'll have to go custom if you want high compression. I recommend a set of IB Spec pistons or maybe a set of Endyn Rollerwaves. Both are excellent products, and will bump your torque curve up quite a bit.

Do some more reading around the forum before you make your plan- it looks like you have a LOT to learn, and nobody wants to spell everything out for you in the space of a thread.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Back