Got the crx on the road again.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
After 3 days of working on the swap I finally got her running. Stupid little shit kept happening making it take a lot longer. It sucks being 24 and having a bad back because I couldn't work on it as much I would have liked to.
I had a lot of stupid problems. I stripped the bolt that holds in the drivers side mount on the a6 engine and I couldnt really fit a drill in there so it took a while to drill out. Then I bent the shift linkage getting the engine and tranny back in the car. (Laziness of not wanting to remove the bitch pin.) I was going to use the z6 intake manifold but my friend didn't tighten the fuel rail tight enough so it was leaking. I managed to break one of the studs when I was tightening it. So I had to take that manifold off and use the a6 manifold. The intake gasket didnt seal right so coolant started leaking, fuck I had to do it all over again. I got that leak to stop, but when you use the a6 manifold on the z6 block you are missing a coolant return line from the throttle body. I had to use a T for the coolant and tap into another coolant line. I finally got it started after that.
I am happy with the engine so far. I wasn't planning on doing this swap but I was forced to (to see why look at the topic I blew the engine in the crx). The timing is not right in the car right now. I will fix it tomorrow. The car is misfiring a little and it pings. I am running obd0 so the distributor doesn't mount up without modificstion. The car is a little slower than before, I am hoping its the timing. I haven't hooked up vtec yet, the engine sat for a year and with the pinging I don't want to push it. I plan on using a y8 or z6 fuel pressure regulator. Right now I am running an 89 intera ecu which runs a little richer than the crx si one, in hope that it might help reduce some pinging. I can't wait for the VAFC to go in. The shifter does seem to feel funny, the shifter seems to be in a different spot but works fine.
Overall the car runs better than the knocking a6 did. I am just mad that the a6 missed 200k by 5,000 miles.
Pictures and possibly an article will be posted soon.

That's called "swapping issues" Jeef, everyone encounters some bullshit in one way or another.

Congrats on the Z6 in the rex....you still need to sell the Hopmeadow Rust Buket, tho :)

Definetly it needs to go, but I need to find another car soon. I put over 1500 miles on the truck in the week and a half the crx was down. 16-17mpg at 2.09 per gallon isn't cheap. Its depressing that find out first hand that if you pay at the pump they shut it off at 50 bucks :(

Back