Got the LS running for real

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
well, I went to my last resort of getting the red hatch running before the end of christmas. I put the obd1 civic dizzy on it figured out where it had to be positioned and tied the bitch down. It started, runs a little rough but I met my goal of getting it running on christmas. I will have that little fucker moving today too I don't care if i have to push it.

I'm real happy and I won the lottery, a whole 3 extra bucks.

finally got the vacuum lines all sorted out, now idles at 1500 (cold) or so but has a lope to it, a real annoying lope especially since there is no exhaust. Revs freely to 6.8k. A little oil burning smoke but I have that sorted out already and isn't my main concern.

After I get the new cat I can put the exhaust on and play a little more to get everything sorted out, it needs a new o2 sensor so that needs to be addressed.

I'm having some problems with the DS axle. That shit will not go into the hub, I've slammed that shit, greased that shit, kicked it, punched it, tried everything...it doesn't want to go in. That's really the last thing that needs to be done before I can test drive it a little cause i hate my neighbors and will purposely drive it open exhaust, im still waiting for the dizzy but thee civic distributor should get it around the block.

What to do about the axle, any advice on this?

good idea, im gonna try to smash it in a little more and see if i can get it in. I really don't want to drive in the snow with the azenis..it's such a pain in the ass

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 25 2004, 11:11 AM
and tied the bitch down.
[post=437050]Quoted post[/post]​

As in used a string or something? Good way to break the end of the cam :(

lol, yep its with string. Its down good that shit isn't going ANYWHERE.

I can't beleive this shit, I have it running PERFECT now. And this axle wont go in.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 27 2004, 06:04 PM
lol, yep its with string. Its down good that shit isn't going ANYWHERE.

I can't beleive this shit, I have it running PERFECT now. And this axle wont go in.
[post=437977]Quoted post[/post]​

Its likely that the hub splines are damaged. That would cause the axle not to go in. If it fits in the tranny, than you know you at least have the right axle. B18 axles go into the civic hub so my bets are on the hub. ;)

the old axle fit fine, and i think i even put the new one in before I put it in the intermediate shaft.

It's possible that the hub's spline could be damaged or i could have just gotten a fucked up axle who knows.

I'm gonna pull it out tomorrow and see if I can get it in the hub first. If I can't I'll get a new axle, if it still doesn't work then I'll get another hub.

i never tested the axle. I pulled it out and tested it it, the huib end is way to big, there's no way it could ever fit. Someone at the manufacturing plant fucked up.

Now, I'm gonna go back to NAPA and theyre gonna make me buy a new one because they gave me a fucked up axle, I'm not going to be happy but I wanna drive this shit NOW.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 28 2004, 12:13 PM
i never tested the axle. I pulled it out and tested it it, the huib end is way to big, there's no way it could ever fit. Someone at the manufacturing plant fucked up.

Now, I'm gonna go back to NAPA and theyre gonna make me buy a new one because they gave me a fucked up axle, I'm not going to be happy but I wanna drive this shit NOW.
[post=438166]Quoted post[/post]​

Napa will exchange it right, can you get atleast one bolt to line up on the dizzy.

no, they wont change it, they're assholes and now won't accept checks.

If I bolt it on timing will be off way to much to even start. I ordered a new dizzy, just waiting for it.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 28 2004, 02:31 PM
no, they wont change it, they're assholes and now won't accept checks.

If I bolt it on timing will be off way to much to even start. I ordered a new dizzy, just waiting for it.
[post=438243]Quoted post[/post]​

Sale that axle you don't need. Napa where ever you are sucks or go some place that have a core charge where they you money for it torwards the new one.

they do have the core charge, they gave me a shitty axle. They won't take it back, only going to accept it as a core.

I've never had so much trouble locating an axle, I went to like 4 places today and they were all out or special order. I don't remember this much hassle last time.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 28 2004, 03:46 PM
they do have the core charge, they gave me a shitty axle. They won't take it back, only going to accept it as a core.

I've never had so much trouble locating an axle, I went to like 4 places today and they were all out or special order. I don't remember this much hassle last time.
[post=438270]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah thats crazy here in NC parts are everywhere for our cars. Lots of people don't realize that the shit is of value so you get it for cheap.

I went to Advanced to get some Hex Nut Header Bolts... they dont care them in Metric the only way to get em was to special order them. They were only $10 for them to order it I have to order at least $150 worth of merchandice. How dumb?

/Rant

Back