Got the Ostrich working, BUT.......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Now it seems like boost tools isnt working right with the Ostrich. I can get the change over to open loop around 5" of vacuum just like its set, but when I pass 0 and go for 1 psi or more, it stays right at 14.7:1 A/F and doesnt kick over to 12:1. I tried reloading my map to the Ostrich, still the same. I tried re-installing boost tools and still no luck. Anyone have this issue before?

TIA, Nick :)

you set your vacuum to boost cross over?????????? how? if you aren't reading rich enough, your map sucks. add more fuel.

I already have a map tuned, the car runs 12:1's anytime I'm in boost.

I just cant get my map to run properly with the Ostrich.

Hes Using Ostrich
Obviously. Thanks capt. obvious....

T&A - you are seriously having more problems with your obd1 setup than I initially had with my obd0 setup. Have you been on pgmfi.org at all? This might have been covered and answered over there already. I'd suggest looking over there - how do you know that it's the ostrich, and not just an improperly tuned map? Are you datalogging at all? I know that with turboedit, I can trace my afr's on the map in the cell that the ecu is using, and know where to adjust my map. Do you have anyway of logging/maptracing at all? That's why I asked if you were using cromepro.

OK, for the 50th time. I HAVE A GOOD MAP, I hold 12:1 A/F's at any boost level at any rpm. When I load that map into the Ostrich I'm not getting anything richer then 14.7:1 in boost.

I'm an active member on PGMFI.org too :)

are you 100% sure the map on the chip is the map you are trying to push down to the ostrich? did you remove the check sum?

I removed the check sum, reloaded the map a couple times, still no luck. Part throttle is just fine, the tune is the same. Its just when I get into boost that it gets all retarded.

I'm going to play with it some more and see if I can get it right.

it doesn't make sense that half of a map would work....

where are you getting this 14.7 reading from?

I have a feeling it's not the same map, or something. The ostich should load it JUST like a chip burn, I can't see why one would work for you, and the other would not. Try loading the ostrich from another computer, maybe your usb connection is fubared.

I agree with you, it should be the same. Its the same map burning to a chip. I didnt have a chance to play with it again last night, I was trying running lower boost to make the clutch hang on until winter.

Back