Got the Porsche today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

proabbly black again, red just raises insurance costs and lowers the resale.

I have a red civic and my Insurance is way cheaper than my brothers 4 door silver protege5 wagon.

The color of the paint is the 7th thing to be assesed by insruance companies. It's way after, age, car, record, location, payment records, ect.

Looks good. That years' better then my brother's. That interior is sexy as hell.

hate to say this but for a 944, it just has to be red! ;)
ns6.jpg

Originally posted by h22bubbleback+Jan 8 2004, 11:33 PM-->
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jan 8 2004, 11:18 PM
92civicb18b1
@Jan 8 2004, 10:47 PM
red just raises insurance costs

Complete and total bullshit.

incorrect...in NJ..the hell of insurance.....red rasies your insurance rates..along with a few other colors

Just like Loco I still call :bs: on this.

I had a red car. My insurance was on par with my black Si. The only reason why it went up was because of what Slammed said

age, car, record, location, payment records, ect.

Oh and if you think NJ is expensive on insurance, move to Detroit...and then you'll be begging to go back to ANY part of NJ.

I never said it increases the insurance ALOT, but it does increase it. I know I'm not in the state with the highest incurance costs so I'll be OK.

Thanks for the compliments, a little work and this thing can be badass, O and as for the V8 swap..I'll pass for now. I was going to swap in the 951 engine or use it's turbo parts.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 9 2004, 04:34 AM-->
Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Jan 8 2004, 11:33 PM
92civicb18b1

incorrect...in NJ..the hell of insurance.....red rasies your insurance rates..along with a few other colors

I had a red car. My insurance was on par with my black Si. The only reason why it went up was because of what Slammed said

Oh and if you think NJ is expensive on insurance, move to Detroit...and then you'll be begging to go back to ANY part of NJ.

thats what you would think right, I live in jersey and have only been in 1 accident and i paid $5,200 last year for full coverage on a 4 door civic.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@Jan 9 2004, 08:09 AM
thats what you would think right, I live in jersey and have only been in 1 accident and i paid $5,200 last year for full coverage on a 4 door civic.

whoopty fucking do. That's light weight. Detroit has the HIGHEST premium rates of any other city in the lower 48 states. Period.

I know first hand of hte rates in Detroit because I had a friend who lived in Detroit that was paying roughly 10k a year on his 2000 GSR. No tickets. No accidents. no bullshit.

haha I pay $2244 a year give or take a few for my Si, I had 3 tickets and 2 accidents, only the first two tickets are on my record, and I have no active points against my license at this point in time. :D

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 9 2004, 08:15 AM-->
smooth_criminal
@Jan 9 2004, 08:09 AM

whoopty fucking do. That's light weight. Detroit has the HIGHEST premium rates of any other city in the lower 48 states. Period.

I know first hand of hte rates in Detroit because I had a friend who lived in Detroit that was paying roughly 10k a year on his 2000 GSR. No tickets. No accidents. no bullshit.

haha I pay $2244 a year give or take a few for my Si, I had 3 tickets and 2 accidents, only the first two tickets are on my record, and I have no active points against my license at this point in time. :D

Ha ha....I guess insurance isn't so bad for me afterall....

1989 240 sx=$740/yr

1993 Honda Accord EX 2 door=$404/yr

Originally posted by nealo@Jan 8 2004, 11:38 PM
I have a red civic and my Insurance is way cheaper than my brothers 4 door silver protege5 wagon.

its a civic

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 9 2004, 04:34 AM-->
Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Jan 8 2004, 11:33 PM
92civicb18b1

cousins live in detriot...NJ originally...they say NJ is worse, but i dunno if thats true...NJ is the insurance fruad capitol of the world..all insurance companies jack rates because of it

WOW! i'm happy to live in Quebec, Canada. It cost me 2000$/yr CAN for a 1997 Prelude, so that's about 1000$ US! and where talking full coverage.

I think I'm going to switch my insurance to PA, I'm de-insuring the saturn so it's going to go up. PA insurance is cheap anyway.

I think I'm gonna go work on it after I browse the site a bit and finish my cigarette and afterwork drink. I got one of the fenders half on yesterday (that shit was more complicated than I thought).

Back