Got the Porsche today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Red used to raise insurance rates but not anymore (in califorina).

Insurance all depends on the driver age, zip code, years licensed, vehicle, coverages, and a lot of other chit. There is no set "full coverage," their are different limits for everything. :D

It made it alot harder since the wheel well was taken out, I just figured out how to do it, Got the front faceplate (thing above the bumper) on and both wheel wells, and the passenger fender. It was time to grab another beer and cigarette, so I decided to let u guys know what I did so far.

O i forgot guess Im not gonna have A/C since the A/C condensor is in the hatch, and I'm not fuckin with air conditioning shit, who needs it anyway, it just slows you down anyway.

The red does look nice, but black is ok too. If you lived closer, I'd help. Too bad....

Ok, got both fenders ans the thing between the headlights on, the bumper is half on (I needed another cigarette). The hood now closes, but the hood struts need a little adjustment cause its too high towards the back on the passenger side. This thing should be done pretty quickly, I practicly put the whole thing together today

maybe its not gonna be as easy, got both fenders, and the faceplate thing, but the goddamn bumper doesn't want to go on right, it looks ok but its not perfect, its kinda more in on one side then the other (if you know what I mean.)

When i get it painted they'll have to take it off anyway, so hopefully they'll get it on right, or I'll get a discount for them not being able to put it back on. I think since it's pretty much back together it's time for another test drive.

***UPDATE***

I got the whole front end on, just needs a little adjustment. I broke a pivot bracket for the headlight so I gotta wait for one of those in the mail, but it still works. I gotta go test drive it and see how bad this alignment is and if it'll make it to the STP. The brakes....I have the pads and I'll finish 'em up tommorow. I also just figured out how to remove the top, and I'm plannin on drivin it like this in the 8 degree weather outside.

I got temporary insurance as of yesterday, I'm going to change it to Pa soon. It isn't too bad at $95 a month as a 2nd car.

Oh yea, who said it was slow, and hard to make the rear tires break loose...YOUR WRONG. It's pretty quick or just feels like it casue of the excellent throttle response. I took it down the road, dropped it into second and threw it around a turn and did a nice little drift, regained control (i guess that's how I can put it, even though I was in control the whole time) and stomped on the gas, got a nice little chirp outta second.

It's not the most powerful car, but it has plenty of get-up-and-go and some superior handling...even with me killing the tires and pulling cause of the bad alignment, its still handles pretty damn well.

Just gotta finish up the body work (completly), get those fuckin wheel locks off and do the brakes, get an alignment and paint it guards red. A nice cleaning of the interior would have been nice too.

congrates and all looks to be in good shape.

but imho that model the 911Targa and the 914 are my least favorite of porsche's, they just don't scream hey I'm a kick ass porsche to me.

now a 911S, 930, or a TT993 I'd love to own

maybe people think I'm nutz cause I don't care for skylines either.

---
forgot to add, I was driving a friend 98 VW GTi and wasted a 944T
another reason why I don't like em.

forgot to add, I was driving a friend 98 VW GTi and wasted a 944T
another reason why I don't like em.

I bet it was a VR6, I would have loved to own one of those but didn't have enough to buy a 94+ one (don't like the style of the older ones)

but imho that model the 911Targa and the 914 are my least favorite of porsche's, they just don't scream hey I'm a kick ass porsche to me.

You got your own opinions, no problem, I like it. I also don't like the 914 (even more underpowered than my N/A), the 911 targa isn't that bad but it's not my taste.

I'm addicted to 944's now, it's amazing how well it performs, especially for an "underpowered" 2800 lb car. You don't know what you missing with RWD either. This is only my second RWD vehicle, and I'm not plannin on goin back to FWD anytime soon.

another update, even though ya'll probably don't care.

Did the brakes, ordered the healight brackets, put the lower spash sheild on and the side skirts. And got rid of the squealing the annoying squealing that was commin from under the airbox.

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jan 9 2004, 08:15 AM-->
smooth_criminal
@Jan 9 2004, 08:09 AM
thats what you would think right, I live in jersey and have only been in 1 accident and i paid $5,200 last year for full coverage on a 4 door civic.

whoopty fucking do. That's light weight. Detroit has the HIGHEST premium rates of any other city in the lower 48 states. Period.

I know first hand of hte rates in Detroit because I had a friend who lived in Detroit that was paying roughly 10k a year on his 2000 GSR. No tickets. No accidents. no bullshit.

haha I pay $2244 a year give or take a few for my Si, I had 3 tickets and 2 accidents, only the first two tickets are on my record, and I have no active points against my license at this point in time. :D

Read the fuck up buddy before you go running off at the gums. Michigan is like # 13 jersey is the highest insurance in the counrty and has been for the past 10 years.

Listing of the states adverage insurance rates.

Back