Got Ticket today need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I completely disagree with loco and pissedoff. here is why.

In california, where the penalties for traffic infractions run around 300.00 or so, the state legislature imposes penalties and assesments which can turn a 300.00 "or so" ticket into a whopping 1000.00 lunker.

These types of laws are made up by the fucking MILLIONAIRE politicians we elect to office.

They can certainly afford something like a 1000.00 ticket. But as for the rest of the average americans, who barely make 30,000.00 a year, and are still struggling to make ends meet, 1000.00 is alot of money.

Face it. Everyone speeds. Unless you constantly monitor your speed while driving and adjust to each sign passed along the road, you break the law daily.

in order to drive in traffic in cali, 99.9% of the people speed. You need to break the "law" to keep up with the flow of traffic.

therefore, i advise anyone who gets a ticket to fight that fucker in court, and hopefully more people will do it, thereby clogging the traffic court system up.

altho, this is just a fantasy.

but in theory it would work, and maybe send a message to law makers that people are sick and tired of their bullshit fucking taxes and assesments placed upon misdemeanor infractions such as speeding and whatnot.

and it also helps the ego to say some smart ass remark to the cop as you are leaving the courtroom after defeating his dumb fucking ass on his own turf.

how many attornies have told me that cops are probably some of the most stupidiest people on the face of the planet?

and some pretty influential attornies where i come from agree completely.

we need to come up with a new system. i say make attorneys cops. :thumbsup:

you dont need to give legal authority to a fucking ex-marine or some steroid rage freak who has a complex about the size of his penis and his social status (read: lack thereof :p )

Cops don't possess the intellectual capacity (rare exceptions duley noted) to get through law school. why give them a badge and authority to enforce the law?

true, cops do get SOME legal training, but fuck....I think I got more legal training than any cop out there when I was in Community College back in 1994 taking my law classes.

<<edit>> and while cops dont posses the intellectual capacity to further themselves out of a job that will relegate them to a life of public servitude and blue collar demeaning wages, I dont possess the ability to correctly type the english language today :p damn i suck lol.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jun 3 2004, 05:49 PM
<<edit>> and while cops dont posses the intellectual capacity to further themselves out of a job that will relegate them to a life of public servitude and blue collar demeaning wages, I dont possess the ability to correctly type the english language today :p damn i suck lol.

with that being said....

struggling to make ends meet

Where are we meeting?

:lol:

I would also highly advise to somehow fight the ticket. When I got my speeding ticket a year ago, I ended up only having to pay the fine and not face points. I was the 4th to stand up infront of the Magistry (sp?), and the three people before me pleaded guilty. The Magistry asked if they had any past tickets, they all said no, so he reduced everyone sentences to ones with no points. I was fine with that, pleaded guilty. As long as the judge gets his money, he doesn't give a fuck about the points. He only wants to get his retirement benifits (here in michigan, a percentage of the "court costs" go to the judges pention plan. Kinda a messed up rule because it is in his benifit to fine you, and in traffic court, he is both the Judge and Jury)

If they enforced the law for safety, there wouldnt be speed limits. Cops would be fair and issue tickets according to the situation. But, seeing as how cops and judges are faggots, they enforce ridiculously low speed limits in a completely arbitrary way. Fuck the system. I-90 should be a 110 mph highway. It's that flat, straight and safe. But no, it's 70. Going 70 feels like you're walking. Absolute crap.

FIght it y0!!!

You also have a chance to get off if the dumbass cop doesn't show up.
And while in court he can't read from his notes that he has. It should all be from memory. Objections are your friends. Fuck with him and make him try to remember little details of the situation such as climate/time of day, traffic flow. He could have tagged someone else's car instead of yours (just an idea). If he can't then he remember you lower his credibility.

Get a lawyer, fight the ticket to the fullest extent of the law and You'll get out of it. I know a guy who's been pulled 10 times and has only had to pay for one ticket. that fucker.

IdriveaTGL got pulled for a 78 in a 55 the other night and the fuckin sheriff gave him a verbal warning. fucker.

Since you didn't get that lucky. fight it.

Back