1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Yanked By A Trooper This Weekend

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by chestercheeto48, Mar 3, 2003.

1. chestercheeto48

chestercheeto48 Senior Member VIP

Hey just wondering if there is any way to adjust your speedo to compensate for bigger tires and/or rims. I got pulled over this weekend and i found out that i was like 4/5 mph off. I know you have the charts in the reference section but I want to know if i can get it zeroed in again.

2. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

here is what i had to do when i put my 89si cluster in my 89dx. The speedometer was reading like 10 mph faster than i was going, so.... I took off the top of my dash (the cluster cover) and removed the plastic cover from the cluster. Then I got my buddy to drive his 96 civic (i assumed that the speedo was accurate), and he took a walkie talkie with him and when we drove side by side down a free way at like midnight, and when he was at 65, he told me so over the walkie talkie, and i pulled the needle off my guage set and moved it down to the appropriate speed. It took a couple trys and another buddy holding the wheel of my car to do it right. haha, that is the only way i know of to do it, there is probably an easier way out there though...

3. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

haha sketchy.

In my town we have parked cruisers on the side of the road that tell you your speed in big numbers. Thats how I made sure mine was accurate.

4. chestercheeto48

I know mine is off like 4-5 mph I just want to know how to fix it easily if it can be fixed at all. I am not sure I like the idea of driving down the road and playing with the cluster.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

then drive 4-5 mph slower than what it says :bash:

6. chestercheeto48

Thank you for being obvious, but I am a perfectionist and I want it to read right.

7. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

I'm not sure of the way to adjust it. Maybe asking a honda dealership would be best in this case.

8. 2fastaccord

2fastaccord Senior Member

You can get it recalibrated at some of the sound electronics places. I know of one in my area.

Peace*

9. Nopspawn

Nopspawn Senior Member

yea, all you have to do is find some place maybe a tire store or something that can go into the ecu and change the tire size to the ones you are currently using.

10. *The Honest Mechanic*

*The Honest Mechanic* Junior Member

I had the same problem, except my speedometer was off by about 20mph, I cant believe the trooper didnt believe me!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted