Gran Turismo 4 HD drifting video

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but the game looks good, would be better to see some in game video though, not just the replay video.

its supposed to be a simulator. you spin out on a real track and hit something, you receive damage.

sooo when you spin out, or hit other vehicles in forza, you receive damage. if you go off the track often, your car gets dirty. if you roast the tires, you see tar on the fenders.

its the little details that help. i havent been able to play gt3/4 since i got forza. its impossible - the gameplay is too slow.

anyone check out Juiced HIN? its pretty neat. feels like an updated version of underground 1.

i agree with you on the original Juiced. this one however... is much much better.

oh - it also has car damage.

Forza hijacked my thread! Eff Forza!

WTF do you guys think of my driftz.
if you watched it all the way, I actually get a sweet looking "drift" on the integra lol.

i agree with you on the original Juiced. this one however... is much much better.

oh - it also has car damage.

maybe I just like smacking the wall at 260mph and still looking clean !!!

Damage will make the game even more realistic. I have never played Forza. Really dont want to..... I will stick my with first statement GT4 greatest game ever!!! well, until gt5...... :lmao:

Forza hijacked my thread! Eff Forza!

WTF do you guys think of my driftz.
if you watched it all the way, I actually get a sweet looking "drift" on the integra lol.

Madd tight skillz yo.....

Looking good man

I have never played Forza. Really dont want to..... I will stick my with first statement GT4 greatest game ever!!! well, until gt5...... :lmao:

dont judge until you've played it then.. i used to be really into the GT series and was planning on buying a PS2 for GT4 only.. well, Forza came out and i had an xbox already.. i played it then GT4 a month later and Forza was far better.. car sounds are more realistic, there's damage .. the GT series is still an awesome game dont get me wrong.. my fav was GT2 on ps1.. .. but i'll still take Forza over it any day..

So with the gt steering wheel, gt seat, gt surround sound system (that just kicks ass. If a car is on your rear right tail. You hear them on the rear right. ) it wouldnt be at real as Forza???

The main reason I have never played it was from not liking xbox.

Once again ..... GT4 ALL THE WAY !!! ( I mean come on , what game has an Accord on it???

dont judge until you've played it then.. i used to be really into the GT series and was planning on buying a PS2 for GT4 only.. well, Forza came out and i had an xbox already.. i played it then GT4 a month later and Forza was far better.. car sounds are more realistic, there's damage .. the GT series is still an awesome game dont get me wrong.. my fav was GT2 on ps1.. .. but i'll still take Forza over it any day..

I played them both. I've played GT4 way way more than Forza, and it just wasn't the same for me.

I for one just want to buy, modify and drive the cars. I don't care about damage because if you drive the track like you're supposed to and accidently get inside a computer driven car on a turn, they'll slam into you because they don't change their route to accomodate the overtaking car.

So basically I'd be repairing the car after every race.

The game is about RACING, It's a DRIVING Simulator. Not a damn-near-close-to-life-as-possible Simulator.

GT4 > Forza, although I DO agree that Forza has some more details that GT series lack, painting, body kits, etc.

forza2 has some sort of AI built in.

depending on the skill of the AI driver they do adjust to you while cornering... and if you bump them you bet your ass they bump back.

Sorry, I'm not buying an Xbox. lol

I'll stick with what I have, so maybe I'm slightly biased.

egg zachary

Turbo Mirage said:
forza2 has some sort of AI built in.

depending on the skill of the AI driver they do adjust to you while cornering... and if you bump them you bet your ass they bump back.
No shit! Forza 2 on my 37" LCD in HD, in 5.1 surround on XBOX Live>GT. I bumped a car racing the Sebring track, and the bastard when he caught back up to me nudged me into the wall :mad: Prettier graphics doesn't make for a better game. Forza 2 looks good, GTHD looks better, but unless they seriously revamp the engine sounds, physics, and AI in GT5, then Forza 2>>>>>>>>>GT5, even with graphics that aren't as real looking.

I need to hear forza on surround sound... I dont see how it can sound better than gt4,,,, no way.... no way no way !!!!

I know what hes talking about as far as sounds go, GT4 had so many cars (like 850 i think) that they just had to re-use sounds and match them up as best they can. From that GT5 promo though, I think they probably will have model specific sounds. I mean, Its not like they have the storage space barrier anymore, right?

I need to hear forza on surround sound... I dont see how it can sound better than gt4,,,, no way.... no way no way !!!!

its exactly like you described GT above.. you hear the car in a certain speaker depending on what side they're on..

Back