Gran Turismo 5 - I Gotz Mine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is anyone still playing this?

the developers took a huge page from xzibit.. you buy a mini to race in a mini race and you win a mini!! you buy a lupo to race in a lupo race and you win a lupo!! :confused:

also, most of the prize cars are midgets, priuses, daihatsus, lupos and other random wtf cars. not only that, they make making money really really hard so anytime you do make some, you have to buy a lambo or osmething and soup it up to beat the AI. some of the AI races are impossible unless you cheat or grind eg GT All Stars and Classic super cars.

anyway, i dropped this shit like a bad habit today since i got my copy of 3d Dot Game Heroes. Probably will come back to finish the rest (im at level 21 b and a spec) because someone did spend $60 on it and i need it to keep up my GT collection.

is anyone still playing this?

the developers took a huge page from xzibit.. you buy a mini to race in a mini race and you win a mini!! you buy a lupo to race in a lupo race and you win a lupo!! :confused:

also, most of the prize cars are midgets, priuses, daihatsus, lupos and other random wtf cars. not only that, they make making money really really hard so anytime you do make some, you have to buy a lambo or osmething and soup it up to beat the AI. some of the AI races are impossible unless you cheat or grind eg GT All Stars and Classic super cars.

anyway, i dropped this shit like a bad habit today since i got my copy of 3d Dot Game Heroes. Probably will come back to finish the rest (im at level 21 b and a spec) because someone did spend $60 on it and i need it to keep up my GT collection.

Money isn't that bad if you gold the challenges. You get enough to get the cars you need up to 20. I have had around $4m total and as long as you buy shit that you actually need to win races it is enough. I think once you hit 23 there are some races that make it easy to make money. I'm still 22.

At 22. The challenges and special events make it worth it to me. Sure there are races you have to grind to make money, but stuff like the Grand Tour make it worth it.

At 22. The challenges and special events make it worth it to me. Sure there are races you have to grind to make money, but stuff like the Grand Tour make it worth it.

They raised the amount of money you win for a short period too for all the people that were whining that the game is too hard to progress in. Race I won last night was supposed to be $300k purse but gave me $500k. Was one of those new seasonal races.

People Whining isn't meant for the people on this thread. The update news pretty much said that was why they did it.

Last edited:
the game isnt very hard. it just sucks.

Yes, we know this. Every other post you make it clear you don't like this game/ anything PS3 (not sure why you even own one)/anything not AWD Turbo mitsu. I hate to be a dick but go find a thread where you aren't going to be just a downer in. Your hating gets really old dude.

People misunderstand my posts, like the one above pointing out some things. I really wasn't trying to be a dick but it isn't worth my time to defend myself to someone over a computer. I just hate constant negativity especially this time of year.

not true. i LOVE littlebigplanet. and heavy rain. both great ps3 games.

To each their own, and while the game has its flaws I still think it appeals more to the true enthusiast than Forza does for various reasons. I've really only played racing games and I bought a PS3 just for GT5. I still stand by my investment.

1293124536858s.jpg

pictures from last nights' HONE spec s2000 race. mine is the yellow one with silver wheels -

NrburgringGP_D.jpg

NrburgringGP_D_1.jpg

NrburgringGP_D_2.jpg

NrburgringGP_D_3.jpg

NrburgringGP_D_4.jpg

played gt5 today for a few hours on my buddys ps3
yes it has better graphics than forza, yes it has more cars than forza, but it is not nearly as fun as forza.
each to their own
i think the biggest fail to me in gt5 was the damage feature. forza perfected it, gt5 over did it. those who have played both would understand what i mean.
overall i would give both games a 9/10. two very different racing games

Got mine for XMAS. Only got my A and B license. But I got an EGg with some mod's. It went from the car that could only get 3rd place to the car that walks away from the start. I guess I need to work on my licenses so it'll be more challenging.

I do not know much about steering wheel controllers.....does anyone have one or know which ones are nice and which ones are crap? Are they all crap?

Got mine for XMAS. Only got my A and B license. But I got an EGg with some mod's. It went from the car that could only get 3rd place to the car that walks away from the start. I guess I need to work on my licenses so it'll be more challenging.

I do not know much about steering wheel controllers.....does anyone have one or know which ones are nice and which ones are crap? Are they all crap?
these are both good ones, dont try for anything under 200$
Thrustmaster T500 RS Wheel Releases January 5 for $599
or
Sparco Siena Gran Turismo 5 Racing Seat /w Logitech GT - eBay (item 170582789939 end time Jan-22-11 17:47:00 PST)

i here good things about the thrustmaster coming from gt5 enthusiasts

Thanks. Both are nice....and pricey. The Sparco race seat set up.....crazy. My woman would kill me if I tried to keep that thing in the living room lol.

Back