Gran Turismo 5 - I Gotz Mine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

played gt5 today for a few hours on my buddys ps3
yes it has better graphics than forza, yes it has more cars than forza, but it is not nearly as fun as forza.
each to their own
i think the biggest fail to me in gt5 was the damage feature. forza perfected it, gt5 over did it. those who have played both would understand what i mean.
overall i would give both games a 9/10. two very different racing games

overdid it? what damage :lol:

i ran my evo6 tme into the wall at over 100mph, head on, and i had some minor scrapage on the front bumper and fender flare, and the corner light was knocked out.

in forza, the whole front of the car would have been mangled... bumper gone, etc.

i ran my evo6 tme into the wall at over 100mph, head on, and i had some minor scrapage on the front bumper and fender flare, and the corner light was knocked out.

in forza, the whole front of the car would have been mangled... bumper gone, etc.
5 YEARS of development and they couldnt even get the damage comparable to forza? thumbs down on this game for me, and i havent even played it. if youre giong to have a driving sim, IMO it should SIMULATE a real car racing. which includes the chance of you going off the road and damaging your car, not just scraping the bumper after a 100+mph collision.

So.. when we gonna have an HS forza meet..lol

I know this thread is about gt5.. but it seems most are disappointed

set something up.

the hone guys meet every sunday at 9pm for GT5. we're doing a points series s2K spec race...

i agree. the 360 wheel works great. also for NFS hot pursuit.

You guys still have not played this game enough to not have a misinformed opinion. Sorry (^ ^)/. Have you ever had an accident and it circles your front suspension or the engine or transmission turns red (its part of the tire wear indicator)? No? Then you wouldn't be saying "what Damage:lol:" because your car would have no acceleration.. not change gears.. continuously turning in one direction no matter how much input.

i have, im over 40% completed in the game (gotta grind to buy cars to compete in pro/expert races. we are talking about the visual aspect of the damage. i'm well aware of what tapping the car against the wall or even another vehicle can do for handling, nevermind slamming it into the wall :lol:

I am hoping they are cheaper than the ones posted earlier?

Yeah- about $80-100 depending on when and where you're able to get them. It was the official GT5 wheel and pedal setup for a few years- you know- the years that everyone was waiting on GT5 to go gold.

LOL Yeah its not perfect by far. Thanks for the pricing

I wish there were more races for a broader range of vehicles. I don't want to buy a miata rodster or a mini cooper but it looks like you need to in order to compete in certain GT races. I guess I hate the copious amounts of 'certain races'

And B races.....I really suck at it right now....and its boring to be the pit crew. Is that what the B races are all about?

Kinda I guess- I'm thinking about digging up my old PS2 turbo controller so I can set it to keep pressing "maintain pace" for me after I get my driver to the front of a race. The benefits to B-spec are that you can get money for free (if you can leave your guy alone) and get cars that you can't win in A-spec. Not sure what else there is to it yet.

there are about 3 very useful cars in B Spec that would help immensely in Aspec.

The Mazda Furai from NR-A Roadster Races = helps a lot in Like The Wind because of its light weight (500-600kg) and moderate hp (500-600hp).

Zonda R from GT World Championships = very good for European and MR races. Has a lot of hp (900+hp) and relatively light (1000kg)

Toyota 7 from Like the Wind = about the only car you can use to win the Historic Super Car challenge in both A and Bspec. Unless you want to spend like 3-4 million dollars on a Ford Mark IV or Ferrari 330 P4 or do the Birthday Exploit. The car has about 900hp and weighs in a paltry 600kg so its fast.

For the birthday exploit you have to create a dumby psn account and say your birthday is like today but change the year to something you want from that era. Then the game gives you a "birthday present." There are spread sheets for it but if iirc, the best ones are in the 60s and 90s.

Lastly for BSpec once you get to level 35 (incredibly hard long and boring grinding required) you get the Red Bull X1 which is a fantasy ultra car with 1500hp and weighs like 600kg (essentially the fastest and hardest car to drive in the game).

Oh yeah, for Aspec once you get the Bugatti Veyron and the Toyota 88C-V Minolota alot of the races become much easier.

So I got this for Christmas. Enjoying it for the most part. Did they just forget about the brakes when they were designing the tuner shop portion of the game though? There are zero brake upgrades. There's not even a category for it...

Back