Graphics, Body Bolt On's & Paint Example for double0Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

See, but the way I remember it (and especially as its being presented now) aren't you a proponent of this kind of thing. Because I'm pretty sure you were telling Matt to paint similar graphics and fades on his nice solid black hatch. Or were/are you just trolling the hell out of us? I can't even tell anymore!

Are.

Us? No, you - this thread is just for you. As soon as I saw it, parked in it's glory, I know you would like it. ;)

I was talking custom paint and graphics - you took that to be an abortion like the one above.

Well obviously you've got a few more people in this thread confused than just me, so as a collective, yes, us. ;)

Yea I took it as the above because you've given no other decent examples. The days of lace painting, fades, zig tags, and all those other prehistoric "trick" paint jobs are dead and gone thankfully (for the most part, still have some out there clinging to the past.)

So let's see what you got as an acceptable alternative. Otherwise I'll stick to whatever it is I said all that time ago that stuck with you.

Just kidding around

^ Dude, take out your sense of humor and continue..... This thread was meant as a joke - nothing more. :)

Have you seen my posts in this thread? Every one of them is full of humor. You might not get the references, but they're meant to be funny. ;)

:wheelchair:

Have you seen my posts in this thread? Every one of them is full of humor. You might not get the references, but they're meant to be funny. ;)

:wheelchair:
Prick! I thought you were insulting my impeccable taste in paint. I found the ultimate RiceWagon in real life and you still got to me. Haha! Good one!

toilet_dive.gif
Toilet_b408b8_2417997.gif

Last edited:
......The days of lace painting, fades, zig tags, and all those other prehistoric "trick" paint jobs are dead and gone thankfully......
You forgot: Cobwebs, Panels, Flames, Overlays, Pearl, Candy, Metallic, Metalflake......Molding, Flaring, Frenching, Leading......Skulls, Mooneyes, Ratfink and Old School Hand Striping.

I figured they'd be covered by "and all those other prehistoric "trick" paint jobs."

Besides candy, metal flake and the like are paint types. Of course they're still around... We're talking graphics.

Molding, Flaring, Frenching, Leading. They're not gone, just more obscure as they're unnecessary with most modern cars. And that's a sad fact because they were true craftsmanship.

The rest of that stuff has a place in history and on nostalgic builds and such. But the rest of the world has moved past them onto the next thing for better or worse.

I figured they'd be covered by "and all those other prehistoric "trick" paint jobs."

Besides candy, metal flake and the like are paint types. Of course they're still around... We're talking graphics.

Molding, Flaring, Frenching, Leading. They're not gone, just more obscure as they're unnecessary with most modern cars. And that's a sad fact because they were true craftsmanship.

The rest of that stuff has a place in history and on nostalgic builds and such. But the rest of the world has moved past them onto the next thing for better or worse.
Here's a look at some Old School stuff. I used to prep motorcycle frames for this guy. Did something called "Molding" them, then primer and sand.

History A moment of history...Teixeira Willys - THE H.A.M.B.

We are where we are, because of where we were - it's an evolution.

Exactly. Survival of the fittest if you will. Some things die off for a reason. Some things get recycled back in later. Hopefully those crap tastic graphics don't.

you guys in some sort of bromance or something?

That could work for me: A Brotonic Bromance. Then, there's that nagging "Age Thing" that still leads to visions of Perversion ....

Cant be a bromance without a hint of perversion...
Good point! There's also the aspects of a "Long Distance Bromance" to consider. Also, it's barely been 12 years since I divorced my second wife......just not sure I'm emotionally ready - ya know?

Good point! There's also the aspects of a "Long Distance Bromance" to consider. Also, it's barely been 12 years since I divorced my second wife......just not sure I'm emotionally ready - ya know?

So where does that leave the bro's before ho's clause?????

Back