1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great article in Honda Tuning

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by LS/VTecEF9, Jul 21, 2003.

1. LS/VTecEF9

LS/VTecEF9 Member

I just wanted to let you guy know who are interested or wanna see what all would be involved in doing B series swaps. Now the article is pretty extreme for newbie swaps but it'll give you a basic idea of whats invovled. Because of the OBD status of the Motor ( CTR's are OBD2 ) So doing just a gen 1 or gen 2 B16 is alot more simple but yu'll get the idea. What Honda Tuning did was take a 88'-91' CR-X and swaped in a custom Type-R motor. Now custom just meaning that they didn't use a B16B. They used a B18 block with a Civic Type-R Head , Headers , and Stock CTR Hydro Trans. Now instead of saying LS/VTec over custom it's just I can't remember if they're using a GS-R block or LS. I'm almost certain it's a GS-R since they did cover what they had to do if it was a LS/VTec. They also show a cool pic. of the new Cable to Hydro trans converter being brought out by HASport coming out at the end of summer. Just giving you guys a heads up. They'll be posting Dyno Numbers in the next issue they said they did have time to do it when the article was released.
Draft saved Draft deleted