great article on suspension 101

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"Racers call this "drifting". This not to be mistaken for the idiotic Japanese Option Magazine video/Stupid Street Magazine stuff that makes a mockery of proper driving technique."

wtf?? :blink:

other than that statement...excellent article! :)

Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Dec 12 2003, 04:40 AM
"Racers call this "drifting". This not to be mistaken for the idiotic Japanese Option Magazine video/Stupid Street Magazine stuff that makes a mockery of proper driving technique."

Good to see that not everyone has jumped on the drifting bandwagon.

No, I mean the lame-ass drifting craze that has hit. Personally, I think it's boring and holds no racing value.

If you're talking about rally racing, or the "neutral cornering" that this guy was talking about, that's different. Or heading to an empty parking lot after a snow and doing powerslides. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 12 2003, 10:02 AM
No, I mean the lame-ass drifting craze that has hit. Personally, I think it's boring and holds no racing value.

If you're talking about rally racing, or the "neutral cornering" that this guy was talking about, that's different. Or heading to an empty parking lot after a snow and doing powerslides. :)

there is a church right next to my house and is a perfect place for post snowfall e-brake action.... did it the other day and the next day on my drive to work I thought my car was going to bounce off the road.... when I got to work I found out why, there was packed snow stuck inside my rims on the rear wheels and it was throwing my wheels out of ballance

good article though, everyone needs to know more about suspension.... too many people that just think lower is better, etc.

Originally posted by B16+Dec 12 2003, 03:35 PM-->
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 12 2003, 06:57 AM
sportlinecrx
@Dec 12 2003, 04:40 AM

Good to see that not everyone has jumped on the drifting bandwagon.

:werd:

:concur:

:)

i used to think drifting was lame until i saw the japanese drifters doing it in person. imagine three cars drifting in perfect sync only inches away from hitting each other and soming within a few feet of the crowd. those guys can definitely drive. ever wonder why the US drifters that have been doing it for years still cant match the japanese? it takes lots of skill. ive seen these guys go around a road course sideways. i mean totally sideways. you have to see it to understand why it takes so much skill.

i fully understand the skill that it takes
i just dont care for it
its fun and all... just not something i would try to get all serious about like i am with racing

drifting to racing is like
figure skating is to hockey.

I think it's boring and holds no racing value.

it ISN'T racing. please understand this. Racing, by definition, is a timed event, where the first one across the line wins.
Drifting is not like this, at all.

its not about time or # of goals, its about being judged for the style, cleanlieness of your control.

saying drifting is racing is moronic. anyone who does drift FOR REAL and not this mad tit3 jdm bullshit 16 yr olds- you know, the same people who runed the honda sceene as we know it.

i didn't buy a 240 to be a drifter. i bought it cuz i think it looks tits when hooked up properly, and can be made decently fast, and frankly, the price was right and it was available when i needed a second car. But now, I signed up for a legit drift event, and im starting to get stoked about it. its just a hell of a lot of fun. that is all.

true. drifting really is like figure skating. :blink: and its understandable that not everyone finds it interesting. i myself thought it was lame before. it must be the sound of the 600hp cars and the smell of burning rubber that changed my mind :D

hope you have fun at the event B! :thumbsup:

good luck at your event, have some fun
nice article though, definately should go in reference section

Back