Great Idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
Got this in an email today.

Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck in my case, I am required to pass a random urine test (with which I have no problem). What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my Question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ass - doing drugs, while I work. . . .

Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? I guess we could title that program, 'Urine or You Out'.

I honestly think that's a great idea. People used to come into my work paying with an EBT card (food stamps) their eyes would be so blood shot and smell so strong of weed it would give people a head ack.

Whose going to pay for the urine tests of every single person on welfare or some kind of gov. assistance program?

Whose going to pay for the urine tests of every single person on welfare or some kind of gov. assistance program?
that is exactly what i was going to ask. cut the govt handouts by 5% to cover the cost of the tests.

well if we had drug testing for welfare folks, all the money saved on handouts not given to druggies could go towards the testing ;)

and this is coming from someone that smokes recreationally.

Last edited:
ban long term welfare all together.

6 months, thats it.

this.

unless theres an actual disability or they deserve the help.

or if they have another child while on welfare, able enough to have sex, able enough to get a job.

then he can collect unemployment, not welfare.

The people who failed the welfare urine test and had to go get a jobbie job. Their taxable income will provide the funds.

And :werd: to the 6 month limit.

it all sounds good on paper.

in the end, it will just lead to more crime/robbery/your civics stolen.

the answer starts at the abortion level, or tieing the tubes/vacsetimy level

I thought drugtesting had been largely eliminated from the workplace. IMHO it was a late 90's thing...

I like the idea of testing would be welfare recipients, yes with all the money saved not paying to support junkies drug tests could instead be payed. It might at first result in a spike in crime rates but over time it would phase out all the unemployed addicts.
And I smoke weed every damn day, all damn day. I never get pee tested (knock on wood) even when I knock a damn step ladder off 3 levels of scaffold!! Yay for Canada!

I say that the cost of the drug test come out of their welfare, it can't cost that much for a plastic cup and a drug strip.

I still think its a good idea. Imagine how many people that are eligible for welfare that would be kicked out. Win/win -- less people on welfare and forcing people to get a real job. :shrug2:

Back