great just great <gas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i never understood how they can jack the prices up on the same gas you bought the day before i mean your pumping from the same tank

because they can.. :shrug2: .. they can sell it for what they want.. doesnt mean people are gonna buy it.. they'll go somewhere else... same thing with grocery stores.. one place is really expensive compared to another but they're the same product..

well they can only sell it for higher its against the law to sell it lower witch is bs, even if you a private own company you cant sell it cheaper then the bottom market price

well, labor day weekend a local gas station sold gas for $1.56 a gallon.. of course you were limited to 16 gallons and regular.. i woulda filled up the teggie had they had premium for that or even $1.76

On the way home yesterday I filled up at $3.28. Today on the way home, the cheap gas station that was $3.27 yesterday, was $3.45. Too bad I forgot to fill my sister's car that I used all last week and has a bigger tank....

that was eg that said arco, and im talking about crappy stations around here that gets water in there tanks, and my local news just showed the cheap stuff at 5.35 lol,

that was eg that said arco, and im talking about crappy stations around here that gets water in there tanks, and my local news just showed the cheap stuff at 5.35 lol,
ah, I was under the impression that you agreed with the arco thing. 5.35! ouch... and I live in Cali, I'v seen some crazy prices lol. Deisel was at 5.49 one time lol.

there just price gouging. the governor just got through saying that the state is under emergence lol

yea, it's just price gouging at this point. our refineries are "idle" at this point, but i bet they'll be back up by wednesday

Last edited:
I'm in Texas, where HURRICANE IKE just came through. the eye went through or near texas city where 30-40% of the nations refined oil comes from....

yea, it's just price gouging at this point. our refineries are "idol" at this point, but i bet they'll be back up by wednesday

its Idle. and they shut down the pipe line from texas, thats why they're price gouging.

Right now EST a barrel of light crude is $101.18, up $0.31 from yesterday. I have the oil price moniter on my desktop, not like it matters what its up to, but you can see how it went up/dropped from day to day. I honestly believe that in the next 3-5 years there will be some sort of civil war.

They raise prices like this for a reason.

Storm comes, everyone freaks out and runs out as fast as they can and fills every car, truck, gas tanks, mower, and moped up. Gas stations in affected areas jump the price up to help slow down people from going crazy like they do with milk everytime godforbids someone on the weather channel calls for 1/2 inch of snow.

Same thing happened here in Maryland, when we were hit a few years back, there was lines at all the gas stations, I remember getting near E was I was like ohwell I guess I'll go get some gas... it took me over an hour to get to the pump....

Gas prices in MD are about the same as last week.

after reading this thread im even more depressed about the gas prices here in palm beach county, FL. the lowest ive seen it here is $3.70 a gallon for regular and that was last week, its been hovering right around $4.00 a gallon most of the last year. and yeah prices are rising here too after this latest storm. there should be better government regulation of gas prices at the individual store level. i mean the governer of FL was on the news last night talking about how gas stations shouldnt price gouge after hurricanes, but then they go on to say that there have already been hundreds of reports of it around the state.... well fuckin do something about it!

22 gallon tank in my 72 Satellite. Literally 1/3 the value of the car is sloshing around in the tank.

Back