Greddy Evo 2 VS. Tanabe SRM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Loil

:worthy: First of all, thanks for reading this. I just got a 2000 Integra gsr and the first thing i want to get is a cat-back exhuast system so that i can put my body kit on. I have narrowed my choices down to either the Greddy evolution 2 or the Tanabe super racing medallion. DOes anyone own one of these? Which one do your think is better for my GSR. What i want is great sound and performance. I am not going for the looks becuase both are amazing. THanks for your opinion.

P.S.
Please don't tell me to go with what i like most. I thought about it for 2 weeks now. I want your opinion. Put yourself in my position. THanks again!

the tanabe is badass .... too loud for me ... but still sounds great ... and gives great hp gains

I have a SRM and I like it alot. It is a little loud but it sounds awesome when vtec engages. Plus with the silencer in it really quiets it down alot for incognito driving. I was really surpised.

I have an Apex-i N1 on my GS-R and its quiet when crusing threw the gears, when Vtec engages it gets a nice deep rasp to it and get a lil loud but not to loud. Im in cali and cops ARE a problem and im comepletely confident i can keep from geting pulled over with out the baffle. I know this was not one of your choices but either you can look into it or just take it as my opinion on that style muffler seeing as how the N1 is much like the evo and tanabe though more like the evo. My buddy has tanabe on his LS and its got a nice tone and looks good but it is louder then the n1 and evo type mufflers.

Oh yeah im not sure exaxtly wich tanabe but i know its one of theere louder style mufflers with the strait threw design.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 6 2004, 01:17 PM
the tanabe is badass .... too loud for me ... but still sounds great ... and gives great hp gains

:werd: My bro had the tanabe on his gsr, it was way too loud even just driving around in.

The EVO is nothing like the N1. The SRM is more like the N1, they have the same kind of thin muffler design. The EVO has a huge can because it actually suppresses sound and it has a way longer tip too. You should get the Tanabe Hyper Medallion exhaust. It looks more subtle and is really quiet until VTEC engages. E has it on his Sol i think...

greddy evo and tanabe srm? BIG Difference here... greddy evo is small and quieter, tanabe is huge and loud as shit...
i have the SRM and it is defititly 1 of the loudest, if not the loudest exhaust i have ever heard(on a honda/acura---except for open header)

Greddy EVO is not small. The can is enormous! I have one, dude, it's probably close to ten inches in diameter. The tip is small, yes, but the canister is huge.

With what we have said, it now truly boils down to what you think.
Between most of who answerd i think you got some good feed back. There all good exhausts really, now go choose a can................. ;)

yes...the greddy evo canister is hugh...its just the tip is offset so the muffler is tucked nicely under the bumber...only way to see the whole thing is to get under the car...nice sound...not too loud for daily driving...but can be droning when freeway driving for a few hours...other then that i think its a great cat-back system

id go with a tanabe hyper medallion actually. my tanabe srm annoys the hell out of me driving highway, because at 80mph im at 4000rpm and it just hums along and u have to turn the stereo up pretty loud so u cant hear it. my friend was driving behind me in his lowered s10 and he said my exhaust crusing vibrates his truck, and when i get on it it sounds like a street bike.

I have one of the older EVOs for the EG hatch that has a center-oriented tip. You can see that my can is hugenormous :lol:

s404c08449c416.jpg

:D

the tip is 3+ inches in diameter.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Apr 6 2004, 08:01 PM
You should get the Tanabe Hyper Medallion exhaust. It looks more subtle and is really quiet until VTEC engages. E has it on his Sol i think...

:werd:

love my HM
:thumbsup:

only thing i would even consider over it is the RSR (its quieter and looks close to stock) but it doesnt flow quite as well

Back