Greddy Evo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey I am going to order my Greddy Evo tomarrow! Seems to be nice and quite and performs well! Im going to stuff it on my h22 accord! Anyone have the Evo on their car? I just would like a second oppinion on my choice!@

EVO rocks tha mothafuckin' house! I have it on my B18C and it is deep and throaty on the primary lobes. When VTEC kicks in, it sounds just plain angry! It's a little louder than I'd like because I don't have a cat, but whatever. All my friends call my exhaust the angry can. :roll:

it kicks ass...don't run a test pipe or cut off your resinator though, it sounds like pure ass with straight pipe.

im sure if they don't make a cat-back, you can just buy the muffler itsself and get a cat-back made

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Oct 6 2003, 01:54 AM
EVO rocks tha mothafuckin' house! I have it on my B18C and it is deep and throaty on the primary lobes.

:withstupid:

The EVO sounded great, not too loud. The only thing I didn't like was the 4.5 inch tip, and the huge looking cannister. I would definetely reccomend the EVO over the Tanabe.

personally i dont like GReddy products... even though i live in cali... i could care less if its street legal or passes the 95db level limit...

for me, i prefer louder but not an annoyuing type of loud... the kind of loud that strikes fear in the hears of people lol

B)

I have EVO exhaust on my civic, its the shit! Great choice, sounds great, and it isnt to loud. Although I did get pulled over for it being to loud. Cop was just being a dick tho cuz I live in iowa where burly V8 trucks run straight pipes all the time and noone gives a shit. :lol:

Yeah i personally like the low DB it produces... nothing stirs up cops more than loud rattle can exhausts! Also the bigger tip will accomodate my rear body kit... yes a body kit!! What do you expect its an accord! LOL

Also Does anyone know if they are 50 state legal! Nothing is better when a cop pulls you over and hes wrong!

Originally posted by civicspeed@Oct 6 2003, 08:18 PM
I have EVO exhaust on my civic, its the shit! Great choice, sounds great, and it isnt to loud. Although I did get pulled over for it being to loud. Cop was just being a dick tho cuz I live in iowa where burly V8 trucks run straight pipes all the time and noone gives a shit. :lol:

Yah just like in wisconsin! FTP (Fock the Police)

Shit i was warned because I have a 4 point harness in my car!! Are you serious.. the big block novas around here dont get any shit for it! PIGS I tell you...

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 6 2003, 06:31 PM
it kicks ass...don't run a test pipe or cut off your resinator though, it sounds like pure ass with straight pipe.

Dude... Are you high?
I'm running straight pipe and it sounds fine on the primary lobes. VTEC is a little loud but it still sounds burly. I agree that cutting out the resonator is a fucktard idea, but anyone who does that to a $500 exhaust system should be dragged into the street and shot.

Yeah I got the exhaust a day early!! Man thats sweet... i was hoping I would have it friday but i got it thursday! Im glad i got it... it looks bad ass

Well I got my exhaust installed.. however My cat would not fit with the h22 motor and that exhaust! So we had to take the cat out! It now sounds kind of raspy! Im very pissed because I dont care so much for hp and would rather have it sound better! Anyone know of a very short cat! This thing has two resenators and then the muffler and its not enough! I called Jegs and Summit and the smalled they have is like 13"! Ive already cut the header up to the braded crap and it only give me about 3 more inches! I bet right now with that cut and the test pipe off its about 8 inches away! I would hate to cut such a nice exhaust! :doh:

i am running a evo on my h22 accord and because the h22 header is so long the only way i could keep the cat was to cut off one of the resonators. it did get louder but not that much louder, but i am also running a high flow cat.

just like Milan said earlier... taking the cat off isn't going to make it louder, the cat isn't a muffler or a resonator just a section of pipe that has some ceramic in it

you never were able to hear the exhaust on your car WITH a cat so how do you know that it is the absence of the cat that is making it "raspy"?

if you aren't worried about HP then just try sound deadening your cabin with something like Dynamat or Brown Bread... that will help cut the noise down a bit

best of luck with that though
Sean

No thats the thing when i first did my swap I didnt put on the cat with my stock exhaust and it sounded like shit SO i put it back on!!! And it sounded way better!!! now its not on again and it sounds like crap!!!

Back