Greddy turbo kit for D16Z6 powerd Del SOl

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B.lane89

I am looking in to hopping up my bone stock Del Sol and I would like to go with the Greddy turbo kit for the D16Z6 but they only have the kit for the Civics powered by that motor not any Del Sol kits. I know its the same engine and basic set up but I was wondering if i could just go with the Civic kit with out heavy modifications to the kit.

The best advice I could give you right now is to call Greddy or the place you are purchasing the kit from and ask them. They would be able to give you a straight answer for sure. Good luck on your build.

IIRC, the 92-95 Civics and Del Sols have the same engine bay, so it should work. But yea, for further clarification you should call them up.

the question is ! , do you have AC ?

the exahust manifold is the thing that you have to worry about , there are different styles
so the AC could be an issue !

Yep , but what I am trying to say is that he has to consider the AC. I have a friend who installed one on a coupe 95 ex , and all the ac fan get melted , and the turbo kit is considered "plug n play" for the car. and what I meant with the exahust manifold is if that's the case, probably he would need to get another style ! , the greddy comes with only cast small style , correct?

The Greddy kit will work in your del sol and they are a/c friendly. Greddy only made one style turbo kit for the sohc.

Yes the car has an Ac.so worst case I might have to get a different manifold thats not a very big deal and is fairly inexpensive just the answer I was looking for.
Thank you guys for all the help.

Last edited:
Back