1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greddy turbo kit for D16Z6 powerd Del SOl

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by B.lane89, Mar 15, 2008.

1. B.lane89

B.lane89 New Member

I am looking in to hopping up my bone stock Del Sol and I would like to go with the Greddy turbo kit for the D16Z6 but they only have the kit for the Civics powered by that motor not any Del Sol kits. I know its the same engine and basic set up but I was wondering if i could just go with the Civic kit with out heavy modifications to the kit.

2. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

The best advice I could give you right now is to call Greddy or the place you are purchasing the kit from and ask them. They would be able to give you a straight answer for sure. Good luck on your build.

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

IIRC, the 92-95 Civics and Del Sols have the same engine bay, so it should work. But yea, for further clarification you should call them up.

4. amadeuscr

amadeuscr Member

the question is ! , do you have AC ?

the exahust manifold is the thing that you have to worry about , there are different styles
    so the AC could be an issue !

5. amadeuscr

amadeuscr Member

Yep , but what I am trying to say is that he has to consider the AC. I have a friend who installed one on a coupe 95 ex , and all the ac fan get melted , and the turbo kit is considered "plug n play" for the car. and what I meant with the exahust manifold is if that's the case, probably he would need to get another style ! , the greddy comes with only cast small style , correct?

6. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

The Greddy kit will work in your del sol and they are a/c friendly. Greddy only made one style turbo kit for the sohc.

7. B.lane89

B.lane89 New Member

Yes the car has an Ac.so worst case I might have to get a different manifold thats not a very big deal and is fairly inexpensive just the answer I was looking for.
    Thank you guys for all the help.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted