GReddy Turbo Kit on a LSVTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

revillusions

Just getting back into the Civic game after 10 years. A slight detour with a RSX-S, S2000, and NSX-T. Last week I purchased a 1997 DX Hatchback with a LSVTEC and GReddy Turbo. The LSVTEC is built with a 1999 B16a Head, B18B1 Block, ITR P73 ECU, and what I believe is a 96-98 DX Harness.

I knew buying the car, that it was not running at its fullest potential. The guy I bought it from only had it for a couple of months and bought the car in its current state. No useful information was given to me from him. I still have no idea what it has for internals.

I noticed the Check Engine Soon light did not come on, and to no surprise, I found the bulb missing. Plugged it right in and there it was. Originally, it was running on a P75 LS OBD1 ECU with a jumper harness, but again, I have since changed it to a ITR P73 OBD2a ECU. I was able to retrieve 3 codes, P0135 O2 Sensor, P0325 Knock Sensor, and a P1337 Crank Fluctuation Sensor. For the time being, I will ignore the Knock Sensor code as I will be getting a Hondata soon. P1337 was fixed when I performed the CKP Wire mod (connected C1 and C4, then C11 and C14). Now for the O2 sensor.

My car is OBD2 running a OBD2 ECU, just wondering if there was a difference in O2 sensors. If there is a difference, what year and car O2 sensor should I get. Do I go with a 1999 Civic Si B16a o2 sensor to match the head? B18b1 O2 sensor to match the block? 1996-1998 to match the Engine Wire Harness. ITR O2 sensor to match the ECU?

Thanks

(not new to the Honda game, just new to OBD2, lol)

The sensors are all going to be the same for OBD2 vehicles. The thing you need to check is if the wiring is done correctly to the o2 sensor. Don't always assume its the sensor that is bad, start with the simple and free things.

Thanks, Ill give that a try...

However, I heard the O2 sensors do differ from the Si, EX, DX, etc...

Another question....

What happens to the Air Intake Temp Sensor? There isnt a place to place it on the intake pipe from the intercooler. Is it suppose to be left dangling?

If the o2 sensor hasn't had the heater element hooked up, you might as well buy a new one. There's no way it'll be working properly after someone has driven it unheated for more than a couple days.

But everyone is right, try hooking it up properly, and see what happens. Who knows, you might be lucky.

However, I heard the O2 sensors do differ from the Si, EX, DX, etc...

Another question....

What happens to the Air Intake Temp Sensor? There isnt a place to place it on the intake pipe from the intercooler. Is it suppose to be left dangling?

No, drill a hole and get a proper sized grommet. Silicone it in there so it isnt forced out by the pressurized air. A sensor should never be left dangling, at least thats my best guess. Anyone confirm?

Back