Greddy Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

Im thinking of just turbo'ing my d16z6 in my si instead of swapping in a B-series. Im just wondering that if the greddy turbo is CARB legal, does that mean it will pass smog in california? And last question, how much boost is plausible in the d-series after cams and pistons etc. are installed?

Yes it is 50 state legal, that means you will still pass emissions tests (at stock PSI)! I am installing the Greddy turbo kit, Greddy type24v FMIC, and Greddy type-S BOV. I should be able to run 10PSI safely on stock internals (tuned of course). I am guessing 200-220WHP after being tuned! you asked about plausable boost on a Z6 that is built. With the Greddy kit it comes with a 15G mitsubishi turbo. It is only efficiant to 14-15PSI. You could push that much with Forged pistons and rods. I would also recommend slleving it too. Or at best at least use a block guard to achieve this much PSI. You can always upgrade the turbo too. Let's say you completely build this Z6 and bullet proof it. If you get it tuned properly you could upgrade your turbo to a 16g or a BIG 16G or even an 18g turbo! This will make bigger gains!

Back