Greddy Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circuit

Hey guys, I was wondering if the greddy turbo is the same as the Mitsubishi Turbo is that true? What kind of turbos do they run (I heard Garrett) and what kind of power am I looking to run out of my day to day B18B. Also, Because the turbo is off of a Mitsubishi, it would be street legal right? Would there be a better way to get street legal turbo for a good price? Reason I ask is because my friend got a Mitsubishi Turbo from the junkyard and I think it's in good condition... I might take that from him =p

mitsubishi makes turbos, and greddy happens to use them in their kits instead of garret, precision, hks, etc....

garett is NOT mitsubishi. it's a totally different company.

"street legal" is a pain, and even through its off a stock turbo car- chances are on your car, it will still not be legal.

don't pay more than 50-75 bucks for a junkyard eclipse turbo...

thats like asking what the difference between a toyota and a honda is.

they both DO the same thing... but they are built by different people.

flange designs are different, wheels are different, housings are different, etc etc....

which is better? depends.

is a supra better than a civic? hell yeah.
is an s200 better than a colora? hell yeah.

it goes both ways based on models, size, goals, power desired, etc...

ok Greddy uses Mitsubishi turbo's. The Greddy kit for the LS uses an 18G turbo. Both mitsubishi turbo's and Garett turbo's are internal wastegates (until you get up to 20G's for mitsubishi turbo's depending on the housing size).

Back