Greddy Type S BOV Broke!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MarkJimenez99

My Greddy Type S BOV broke. :angry: My BOV was leaking so I tried to turn the nut on the screw and all of a sudden, it popped off. Oops! I didn't realize that the screw should've been turned instead with an Allen wrench. By tightening the nut, I stripped the threads inside the BOV. :blink:

I have an idea to fix it. I was thinking about getting a slightly bigger screw and nut and drilling it in. Does this sound like a good idea? It seems like it will work. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

if you halft to try it use the right tools........a tap and die set for 1 size is not very expensive and your local parts store should have it,most of em even come w/directions

I just fixed it. :D I tapped the existing hole with a slightly bigger metric screw and nut. It worked. Thanks for replying.

wouldnt u kno i have the same damn problem w/ mine...now it whistles a lot at low rpm n sounds like a dying whale...i was just gonna get a new BOV but lemme kno how retapping works out for you

wouldnt u kno i have the same damn problem w/ mine...now it whistles a lot at low rpm n sounds like a dying whale...i was just gonna get a new BOV but lemme kno how retapping works out for you

It works fine now after retapping it. If you want to get rid of the whistling, turn the engine on while making adjustments. By doing this you can trial and error to see if it will whistle or not by blipping the throttle under the hood.

To make adjustments:
Loosen the nut counterclockwise FIRST and then turn the screw with an Allen wrench clockwise towards "HARD." I stripped mine by adjusting the screw towards hard without loosening the nut first. I suggest tightening the nut with your fingers instead of a wrench to avoid stripping it.

You may not be adjusting it right. I figured out how to adjust the BOV after I broke it. :p

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Back