GReddy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kcihcaton

I did a search, but to no avail.
Is it pronounced Jee Ready or Greddy?
I thought it was Greddy until my bro pointed out the capital R
It's hard to derive noun pronunciation from text.

:ufucktard: :newbie: :stfunoob:
I'll go ahead and get those out of the way.

Along that note, I've heard Mugen pronounced "myu-jen", "moo-gin", "Moo-jen" and a lot of other ways.

Let's call the whole thing off.

/moneymaking scheme/

Let's use government grant money to call all of the major aftermarket product manufacturers and ask them the pronunciation of their company names! We can call the finished product, "The Big Book of Ricer Names"!

/moneymaking scheme/

I was really just asking to prove EXtremeRice wrong, I think its Greddy, he says Jee Ready.

Yeah, I agree on overpriced, but was questioning overhyped.

I've heard people "in the know" calling it "greddy", so go kick him in teh nuts.

dont trust someone who wants to buy a cam gear for their first performance enhancing upgrade.

It's apex. the "i" stands for international i believe.

dont forget TEIN. most people say it as "teen" when in fact its pronounced "tain" just like rain. somebody on another forum i go to, emailed the folks at TEIN about the correct pronunciation of it and thats what they told him. :)

Originally posted by swanny@Dec 1 2004, 04:08 PM
dont trust someone who wants to buy a cam gear for their first performance enhancing upgrade.
[post=424767]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not going to trust anyone who ''tricks out" their ride with all APC shit from Kragen's. The only thing half decent on his car is the short shifter I bought him for his birthday, and that wasn't even installed right. <_<

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Dec 1 2004, 07:31 PM

I'm not going to trust anyone who ''tricks out" their ride with all APC shit from Kragen's.

man you didnt know that the APC shit it mad ass JDM...and I dont have to mention the HP gain....

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Dec 1 2004, 06:27 PM
dont forget TEIN. most people say it as "teen" when in fact its pronounced "tain" just like rain. somebody on another forum i go to, emailed the folks at TEIN about the correct pronunciation of it and thats what they told him. :)
[post=424778]Quoted post[/post]​

That was me. They told me 'Tein, as in ocTANE'

And here's some other info on how to pronounce stuff:

Incorrect Term: 5Zigen ("five-zigg-in" or "five-zij-in")
Correct Term: 5Zigen ("five-zee-gen")

Although not necessarily an automotive term, we have noticed confusion when it comes to pronouncing the name of this Japanese company. Even though the English tongue is much lazier than the Japanese tongue, we can still pronounce "5Zigen" with a fair degree of authenticity. Simply say, "Five-zee-gen" with a hard G, like in "goat".

Know what else? You may have seen 5Zigen also being called "GoZigen". This is because one Japanese word for five is "go" and is pronounced just like the English verb "go". So if you want to sound like you really know your Japanese, say it "go-zee-gen". You'll sound more cultured than a yogurt factory. If you're looking for the literal translation, Zigen is dimension. Put it all together and you get the 5th dimension.

Incorrect Term: Mugen ("mew-gen" or "mew-jen")
Correct Term: Mugen ("moo-gen" with a hard G)

This is yet another Japanese company whose name is massacred on a daily basis by us ignorant Americans. If you'll remember back to GoZigen for your first Japanese lesson, we'll note that the "G" is always a hard G, like in "goat". Also, Japanese doesn't have a syllable with the "mew" sound, just "moo". In actuality, "moo" would be an bastardization of this Japanese syllable, as the U in "Mu" is devoiced and sounds something like "meuh".

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=487

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...91&hl=pronounce

5zigen = fug-ja-gen dont know how but they guys from japan in the best motoring vids say that. And this has to be one of the stupidest topics ever. Who cares how to say it if you want it dont buy it for the name.

Back