Greetings...My 1st post

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GreenCivicEh2

Just wanted to say what's up to everyone.I've been visiting the site and reading some very informative information,but this is my very first post.I need all the info I could get as I try to put together 2 cars.It'll be fun.I look forward to being a member on this boards.

Thanks for the welcome.I have a 98 civic dx coupe which I've had since feb,and a 95 civic hb that I've had for 6 years.The coupe is going to be my daily,but I'm having trouble not wanting to mod it,lol.I'm taking my time with it because I want to totall redo my hatch.My plans for the coupe are rear disc brakes,coilovers,sway bars,some type of rims and a homemade turbo kit to give it just a little pop.
My hatch is my baby.I have the exterior figured out on what I want to do,but I'm so unsure motor wise,I don't know if I want to rebuild my ls or b16 block and go turbo or get a gst block,put some itr pistons and slap my b16 head on it and upgrade the head as well....I seriously have no idea and its getting a little frustrating which is why I'm focusing more on the coupe,get it all situated then hopefully I will know what I want to do motor wise with my hatch.Sorry for the essay,I just really enjoy talking about cars.

welcome to my world....i wonder how many build lists ive had for my lude before i finally hunkered down and MADE MYSELF do my current build.

How did you finally decide what route to take.I think my mind is everywhere because I have to much stuff that I could use.I have a complete yet dissasembled ls longblock,a full b16 swap which I'm running right now and my friend has a complete obd1 b16 block with blown rings that he isn't going to use so I could pick that up for cheap.Unlike some,I like my b16 and the way it just gets up and high RPM,so I'm thinking of possibly changing the crank and going b16 turbo with a built block and mildly built head...so I'm doing a little research on b16 turbo's....toooo many choices.

what makes me decide the route to take is parts availability.

for me it was just "What am i really going to do with this car" and my answer was, "drive it on the weekends, take it to some autox events, just have some fun". A turbo would be cool, if i was gonna drag my car (which i will do from time to time), but since its gonna be autox, im just gonna go with types pistons, new rods and bearings, pnp head, new cams, springs, retainers and valves....the rest is gonna be suspension and stuff like that. Im probably gonna drop 1500-2500 into the engine, then from there its stuff like springs, shocks, cage, strut/sway bars, seats, final drive, lsd....blah blah...all the stuff ill need for road racing.

Thanks for the input guys.I really appriciate it.I want to just use my hatch for kinda leisure driving,weekends,take to the track when I can,and just have a lot of fun with it so the carwont be really driven a lot.I'm done with my suspension already so I'm set there.I think I'm just going to do a lot more research and save some money and not buy anything so that way when I do decide I can just go at it.

for a weekend driver, id swap a gsr and call it done.

Yah,deep down I think N/A is the way for me to go but I'm enticed by all these different set ups,but for a eg chassis it doesn't take much power to get the car to move.No need to have 2 boosted cars either.I just need to just say,here are my goals,here is what I want as my set up and get parts based on that.My N/A whp goal has always been between 200-215.Thanks again guys,I really do appriciate all the feedback.

Ooops sorry about that.Everytime I tried to post it kept saying error.My fault guys.

Back