Grinding noise from ecu/ wont crank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maksym_3

Hey, so i recently did the suspension on my car, while it was in the garage the battery died and so i charged it with one of those "master craft power chargers". Today i tried to start it and it wont crank. The radio turns on fine, lights everything but when i try to turn it over the radio dies, it clicks and sometime the ecu makes some weird noise(at least im thinking its from the ecu).

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

This is a 97 ek hatch cx btw

could have fried the ecu..or have a bad ground..i recently had some grounding issues..car ran fine all of a sudden it wanted more ground..but try grounding it...and if not then ty a different ecu..good luck

Check your battery terminals. Clean them up with a wire brush and then tighten them back down. Keep in mind, you can have 12.6v at the battery, but without enough CCA's it will not turn the starter over. Have the battery tested at a local shop or chain shop such as PepBoys, AutoZone, StraussAuto... etc.

could have fried the ecu..or have a bad ground..i recently had some grounding issues..car ran fine all of a sudden it wanted more ground..but try grounding it...and if not then ty a different ecu..good luck
NO.

Try another battery. I am also assuming the clicking noise your hearing is your STARTER due to the weak battery.

Hey, alright well im stumped, I got it to run by bump starting it with a tow, but when i turned the car off, it wouldn't start again

I cleaned up my grounds, tried a different battery, and changed the starter.

Now when i turn the key over, there is no sound, like the lights go on, every thing looks ok, but when i turn the key nothing happens.....

Any help

thanks

Hey, alright well im stumped, I got it to run by bump starting it with a tow, but when i turned the car off, it wouldn't start again

I cleaned up my grounds, tried a different battery, and changed the starter.

Now when i turn the key over, there is no sound, like the lights go on, every thing looks ok, but when i turn the key nothing happens.....

Any help

thanks
make sure the grounds are good and also check to see if the starter is hooked all the way back up

Who installed the starter? And why? If it started up before than your starter is fine, just not enough amperage to turn it over. A new battery is all you needed.

Back