Grinding

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMPlaya

I haven't been home to work out the problem yet but was wondering if you guys can help me out!

My woman was driving the civic ex and she said that when she turned the steering wheel it was making a grinding noise..

Let me know you suggestions so I can quickly diagnose this problem. thanks!

Quoted post[/post]]
Hi guys, I haven't been home to work out the problem yet but was wondering if you guys can help me out!

My woman was driving my 94 civic and she said that when she turned the steering wheel it made a grinding noise..

Let me know you suggestions so I can quickly diagnose this problem. thanks!
honestly, women tend to not really pay attention to exactly what type of noise it is. it could of been squeaking for all you know but if it was infact grinding and only happens when she turns, i'd take a look at the axles or wheel bearings

Wow yea, too vauge.
Assuming it's the wheel bearings, just replace the whole spindle, takes less time and money.
/Junkyard.

Quoted post[/post]]
Wow yea, too vauge.
Assuming it's the wheel bearings, just replace the whole spindle, takes less time and money.
/Junkyard.

Replace the bearings with used bearings.. that makes sense. :dry: I'm on board with these guys with the bearing or axle though, unless it has power steering.. It could be whining or grinding from an evacuated pump.

yea it does have power steering, I took it for a drive it grinds sometimes and squeals sometimes too

PLEASE be more specific on the sound. where is it coming from? the steering wheel? the front wheels? is it s popping or an actual grinding sound? Maybe your brakes are going bad.

Try to look the brake pad, when the pad is out, there's a small piece of metal on the side of the pad who can touch the brake disc and make a grinding noise.
Hope, this will help you. :wink: :wink:

Back