1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ground Control Install questions

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Harms Way, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way Senior Member

I searched for this and found nothing.

I have ground control coilovers for my 99 civic. They will be going onto Tokico HP shocks/struts. Anyway, the directions read that I needed to trim the bump-stops, I alread knew this, but how do I know how much is enough?

Is there an article somewhere else that can help with the installation instructions? The coilovers came with instructions but they are not very detailed.

thanks in advance.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

most bump stops have 4 ribs on them. just cut them in half and take the thicker part.

3. Speedracer228

Speedracer228 ......

werd^ and get a haynes/helms manual and just follow the directions for taking out and replacing the stockers

did you get a spring compressor to take your stock ones apart?

You dont need one and can use a jack to keep the sping compressed and take everything apart that way but its dangerous and i would not reccomend it.... just rent one from autozone im pretty sure you get your money back when you take it back to them

4. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

dude, they're coilovers.

5. Harms Way

Harms Way Senior Member

thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I already have a Haynes manual and I know I can rent a spring compressor from a local O-Reilly's and get my deposit back. Anything else I should know?
    thanks again.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted