1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ground kit...reviews?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by m90polk, May 16, 2013.

1. m90polk

m90polk Member

Ok so ive been on a mission to upgrade/fix/cleanup everything in my coupe before i put my engine build in. So i was looking on another forum and seen them talking about grounding kit. They were saying it improves idle and also engine response, so my question is does anyone have one of these installed and do they notice any type of difference.

Heres a link to the write up Dpaton schools us on wiring - hybrids.jp im asking on here because that forum seems to be a graveyard which no one goes on.

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

if you're grounds are fine now, there's little gain to be had. if they are all frayed ends and corroded, it may create a better circuit.

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

what that guy said... if anything measure the amount of resistance in your existing grounds. if bad, then replace them with better wire and copper crimped/soldered ends.

4. Fernpatch

Fernpatch Member

I always fabricate a better grounding system for my cars. it may not make a huge difference on an all stock and well maintained car but it makes a big difference when you are adding allot of mods like A/V, lighting, bigger charging system etc.

5. hickskateboarder

hickskateboarder New Member

like everyone is saying, depends on stock grounding setup.

when i bought my 1990 integra, it only had one wire connecting to the chassis with the one wire by the radiator support going to the head.

when i put a few new grounding cables on it, the idle smoothed out and there was a noticeable power gain above about 5k rpm. i'm guessing it was missing or getting very poor spark at high rpms with the old wiring. also gained a mpg or two

6. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

I used one of those grounding kits on my turbo integra. Basically it replaced all the factory grounds with better ones and added a few more. I didn't have any running issues before, but im sure it didn't hurt.

7. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Butt dyno in full effect, I see...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted