ground wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I heard that with a ground wire kit u could get like 1-3hp. For $30 it seems pretty good anyone know about these

I don't think i've seen any for $30. The cheapest I've seen them is for like $50.

yep, but they say the more modded your engine is the more power you can get.

turbo mag did a big right up on them. they put em on 3 different cars at three levels of tuning.

i dont remember the exact cars but i do remember the most heavily modded car was an FD rx7. it was tuned to make like 400 hp, and when they put the ground wire kit on it it's peak power increased by like 13 whp, and the largest gain they saw was like 20whp.

just buy like 10 feet of 4 gauge wire and make your own grounding system

Originally posted by SolPWR@Jul 20 2003, 08:44 PM
I heard that with a ground wire kit u could get like 1-3hp. For $30 it seems pretty good anyone know about these

Hyper Wires have some dyno tests posted that show about +5 HP or so results.
I hope to do a dyno test on my 90 Accord when I install a set.
Meanwhile Chris Low installed a set on his 94 Accord. I posted the pics and notes on my website at the below link.

BTW: The $30 generic sets on EBAY are junk junk junk from what I hear.

Hyper Ground Wires install pics and notes

Bruce

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jul 22 2003, 11:16 PM

Yip, I did some of mine like this, real easy and much, much cheaper.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Sep 18 2003, 03:49 PM-->
B16RacerN2NR
@Jul 22 2003, 11:16 PM

Cool, do you have a pic of the finished job?
And maybe some install notes.
Where'd you get the ends and how much did those cost?
Where'd you get the wire and how much did that cost?
What kind of crimper did you use and how much did that cost?

TIA - Bruce

Originally posted by HONDAPITSTOP+Sep 18 2003, 09:54 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 18 2003, 03:49 PM
B16RacerN2NR
@Jul 22 2003, 11:16 PM

Cool, do you have a pic of the finished job?
And maybe some install notes.
Where'd you get the ends and how much did those cost?
Where'd you get the wire and how much did that cost?
What kind of crimper did you use and how much did that cost?

TIA - Bruce

s3f69f0d294eed.jpg

Here you can see the one on the head. All I did was take need length of wire and solder eyelet ends on them and put a rubber wrap to make it look nicer. I did the head tranny, and ran my stereo straight of the battery instead of through he cars system.

Yeah, I have seen a lot of the dyno's for the wires, and seen at least one WHP gain, with no mods, and up to 13 on an RX-7, I think somebody posted that already. Plus I heard they are very simple to install. Gain HP on something fast, quick, cheap, and easy. Sounds like a deal to me.

I think it's worth it, shit people pay 500+ for exhausts and when going na they gain like 2whp from them, these are like 100ish give or take and easier to install, and faster..why not...

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 18 2003, 04:02 PM
Here you can see the one on the head. All I did was take need length of wire and solder eyelet ends on them and put a rubber wrap to make it look nicer. I did the head tranny, and ran my stereo straight of the battery instead of through he cars system.

Hey thanks for the pic and notes. Nice job and clean engine. I need to clean my engine soon.

BTW: You might gain a few more HP if you put in a cold air intake instead of your short air intake. Just a suggestion.

Thanks again for posting the pic.
Bruce

i made some for my crx using 6ga wires from a car stereo shop but i dont know if i have all the grounds replaced. can anyone tell me where they all are? thanks

Back