Group B Monsters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the coolest part about this is that it was all manufacturer driven. these cars were so damn far ahead of the curve. it was the mid 70's and they were pulling ~250whp/liter out of some of these engines. that, to me, is just flat out impressive. 0-60 in 2.3 seconds on GRAVEL!? wtf!
this definitely should have never died. if the spectators were willing to put themselves in that kind of a position to see it, they must have been aware of the chance of being killed. i dont see the problem.

Yea the fans were retarded about how close they got but you have to imagine the position it put the drivers in. Nobody wants to plow into a crowd of people during the race but that possibility surely in the back of their minds and clearly right in front of their faces. looking at the in car views wrecks my nerves and I don't even have to worry about piloting the car.

man if i was driving those cars i wouldnt feel bad. probably put a big fat vinyl on my window that said "I DONT BRAKE FOR SPECTATORS"

lol idk. I think its easier said than done. Id still feel pretty shitty especially if it was some kid that got drug down to the trackside by their parents.

the main problem i see is that the road was virtually hidden in a couple of those videos.
i dont care how great of a navigator you have, if you cant see the road, youre fucked. it just sucks that fans of the sport couldn't have realized that they were ruining the sport and stayed back from the track a bit.

lol idk. I think its easier said than done. Id still feel pretty shitty especially if it was some kid that got drug down to the trackside by their parents.

well thats on the parents. the spectators know the tracks and risks. you cant even set foot anywhere near a rally/autox event in the NE without signing a waiver nowadays.

in racing like this,you're either in it to win it at all costs or you dont qualify. just how it is.

I'd do an event like that.
as long as they all signed waivers and i cant get any shit when i accidentally hit them.
I would have a sticker that says: "Darwin Award Presenter" across the windshield.

Back