Grrr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Harms Way

:cry:
I was cruising around tonight with my car loaded down with 5 people. I pulled into heavy traffic and had to get on it so I did up to 6500, went to shift from 1st to second and when I let second out my throttle stuck to the damn floor and my car hit the revlimiter a good ten times :cry::cry: before I figured to hit the accelerator again to stop/un-stick it. It was like it was stuck to the damn floor, but my floor mats are not in the way. This scared the shit outa me and made me mad at the same time. I just hope everything is ok with it. I never, ever get on my car past 4,500 and if I do, I NEED to.
BTW, my car is a 99 civic ex, d16y8, exhaust, header, cold air, skunk 2 mani, Apex'i vtec controller.

Clean out your throttle body- the butterfly valve is probably sticking. Either that or your throttle cable is getting hung up somewhere- those are my guesses.

The other week this kinda thing happened to me. My problem was the grey spark plug wire cover came off and got wedged under my throttle. Don't think that happened to you though.

I checked my throttle cable and looked at my butterfly and they both seemed fine. I dont guess this could have been a result of me never getting on it and when I do the car kinda had a seizure or something? I dont have the least bit of explaination why it happened.

Quoted post[/post]]
I checked my throttle cable and looked at my butterfly and they both seemed fine. I dont guess this could have been a result of me never getting on it and when I do the car kinda had a seizure or something? I dont have the least bit of explaination why it happened.
I still think your butterfly just got stuck in the black buildup since you never go that far with it :p
Spray some WD40 on the throttle cable loop, and clean the butterfly.
Your motor will be fine, but if it happens again, turn the car off and coast until it's unstuck.

Back