grs radiator in 93 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cooper

does any one know how to mount the gsr radiator in a 93 ex civic. are there any kits you can buy?where can i find info or web sites that contain info on this

Hybrid Garage did it. I would use a del Sol VTEC radiator- it fits your stock location without anywhere near as much modification as the GSR radiator, and it has the same cooling capacity.

yeah the del sol radiator is the best otherwise if you have a GSR already, nothing will work better then zip ties.!!

Darin

You are going to have to fabricate your own mounts, just go to any home improvement store and get thick flat metal strips and then just drill holes and connect. Honda Hybrid had a write up on it also.

Milan

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 31 2003, 05:48 PM
Hybrid Garage did it. I would use a del Sol VTEC radiator- it fits your stock location without anywhere near as much modification as the GSR radiator, and it has the same cooling capacity.

What sort of modifications are needed to put in a Del Sol VTEC radiator into my Si? It's radiator time... :(

Thanks E! Now I am just trying to decide on a "forever" Koyo radiator or another Honda one. These OEM style ones seem to last only 5 years with their plastic caps.

So I got this aftermarket Koyo radiator for a Del Sol VTEC, and from the outside, it is exactly the same dimensions... isn't this supposed to be a thicker radiator? :unsure:

I have a GSR radaitor in my sol. I had one laying around so I did it. If you dont have ac, then it is easy to do. Just with a dremel or some kind of cutting device, cut the old brackets out where the spot welds are (you will see little round endentations on the little mounts. For the AC mounts, just get rid of them. For the other mounts, your either going to have to weld them on or drill holes and secure them with bolts.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Mar 29 2004, 01:41 PM
So I got this aftermarket Koyo radiator for a Del Sol VTEC, and from the outside, it is exactly the same dimensions... isn't this supposed to be a thicker radiator? :unsure:

its all aluminum unlike an OEM radiator.

Originally posted by Gen2Teg+Mar 29 2004, 02:57 PM-->
94RedSiGal
@Mar 29 2004, 01:41 PM

its all aluminum unlike an OEM radiator.

Well no... not this one. It is all metal unlike an OEM one, but it's painted black. Koyo makes oem spec ones and also all aluminum racing radiators. This one I bought is not a racing radiator... I didn't have the week to wait for a racing radiator to arrive. :(

Back