GS-R or Type-R valve guide Q's!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98b16a2

Ahhh...going crazy trying to get this head rebuilt. I have a GS-R (b18c1) head in the shop, and unfortunately the valves need to be replaced as well as the valve guides, due to the miles on them and how sloppy they are becoming. I did some calling around and it seems as though I am going to be paying about $320 for the intake and exhaust valves. However, I did find the Type-R intake valves on ebay for $115, $50 cheaper than the GS-R ones (I couldn't find the GS-R ones on ebay, price is based on what the local shops around here sell them at) Sooooo, long story short, I want the Type-R intake valves in my engine, but I can't find the valve guides ANYWHERE. From what I've learned, the shaft on the GS-R intake valves are 5.5mm where as the Type-R was reduced to a 4.6mm. My question is, even though this guys says that they can be put into any b-series head, I'm assuming he's right AS LONG as you have the corresponding guides, the stock GS-R ones won't work?

Assuming I'm right, does anyone know where to find the guides? I called a Acura dealer and I guess they can't find the particular part on the diagram to order them.....

Back