gsr 2.0L?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

devilbob2002

wondering if i can change my gsr into a 89mm stroke with a 85mm bore? and would it be ok to use my original crank (balanced and blue printed) with a 500hp turboed engine. thanks

Yes, but you'll want to use the B18A/B or B20B/Z crank. Using the original GSR crank means machining and refacing your rod journals, getting custom rods, and rebalancing the whole mess.

so your saying i should use a integra ls crank and balence and blueprint it. and what do you think of buying used sleeved blocks? the one im looking at has spun rod berrings so i can get it cheeper

Its cheaper, but your gunna hafta pay for machine work to get it fixed. Your better off getting a used block WITHOUT a spun bearing.

do you think a repair will cost more than a full block sleaving? because i hear those are around $1000. is their anything you recommend in looking out (physically) for in a used sleeved block? i also paid big $ for some 85mm pistons’ and the block is 84.5mm ill still have to do some machining

I missed the part about the block being sleeved. I couldnt tell you which would be better in the long run, call up some local shops and get some quotes.

Sleeving usualy runs a bit over a grand.

if you do use a ls or b20 crank, get it notched for gsr bearings

Back