GSR 200whp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luke18

I want my GSR to make between 200 and 220 at the wheel before installing a custom turbo. I wanted to know if the my setup will give me that extra 50-70 hp that I want?

Set up ....
JG Edelbrock Victor X manifold
AEM short ram
AEM fuel Rail
AEM fuel Regulator
Venom Gears
Aeromotive Fuel Pump
CM FX300, ACT Stage, or Exedy Stage 3 (not sure which is best)

Anything else that I am missing? Thanks for the assistance

Originally posted by Luke18@Jul 20 2004, 03:57 PM
I want my GSR to make between 200 and 220 at the wheel before installing a custom turbo. I wanted to know if the my setup will give me that extra 50-70 hp that I want?

Set up ....
JG Edelbrock Victor X manifold
AEM short ram
AEM fuel Rail
AEM fuel Regulator
Venom Gears
Aeromotive Fuel Pump
CM FX300, ACT Stage, or Exedy Stage 3 (not sure which is best)

Anything else that I am missing? Thanks for the assistance
[post=365826]Quoted post[/post]​

your not pullin another 50-70 HP out of just bolt ons...period!

matt

Truly a question from some one who has not done enough home work

JG Edelbrock Victor X manifold "fine since your going FI"

AEM short ram "just get a ghetto intake since it's going to be replaced with the turbo install"

AEM fuel Rail "not needed at all, oem fuel rail supports 400hp"

AEM fuel Regulator " need more fuel get injectors with your turbo setup, then adjust pressures on the dyno accordingly"

Venom Gears "these are ok, other brands also out there which I would rather use"

Aeromotive Fuel Pump "255lph from holey will be needed with a decent turbo setup"

CM FX300, ACT Stage, or Exedy Stage 3 (not sure which is best) "I prefer ACT in this one"

and HELL NO, will you get 50WHP from that shit....now way, not even close, maybe like 6 WHP

first off the victor-x manifold only makes power way up high, so its really not for daily driving. Second there is no way ur going to get 50hp from that setup. I would suggest: cams, bored out TB, no CAI cuz ur going turbo, high performance exhaust, decent headers, crank pulley, and some better internals such as valves, rods, pistons(low comp for turbo) and that should just about do it. Oh yea and some ECU reprogramming such as hondata, uberdata. The thing is NA is very expensive way to go but if u want to do it that way before turbo than thats your choice. I hope this helps you a little.

I would also replace the flywheel when you do your clutch i would go with CM FX300 which i have in my car or with Exedy Stage 3 they are both good ACT clutch are not good for Honda's because the just the stock clutch and put higher persecher plant it thats way they are rade it in hwp. Aso what i would do if the traney dosen't have LSD i would put it in at the same time.

lol, everyone thinks it's easy to make 50hp.. trust me it's hard too, also time and money consuming. i got a fully built b20/vtec that makes like 230 to the wheels, spent A LOT money and time

Just put the friggen turbo on it. It's useless to try and make your N/a car have more horsepower if your just gonna go FI. Most of the time the two philosophies just condtradict each other. Don't buy cams to increase HP while N/a, because they will hurt you as a turbo (unless you buy turbo cams, which will probably hurt you as n/a). The fact is, there's really no reason to do what you're trying to do unless theres gonna be a long wait between now and the turbo setup. If you've got too much money, send some to me damnit!
Don't need a fuel rail...
Don't need a short Ram...
Probably don't need a fuel regulator...

Need a clutch, Ive heard good things about Act, but I don't know exactly whitch one you should get, depends what you want.
Manifold is a good upgrade.

Get a catback exhaust, a big one... at least 2.5" 2.75-3" is preferable though. This will probably not help you alot in stock N/a mode, but you will need it big for a turbo setup, no reason to get the wrong size now.

Don't spend money on headers, you'll have to replace them later.

Buy new injectors and some kind of fuel management. I've got 450cc's from ebay, with a vafc from ebay, and an in tank walbro 255lph pump. The vafc alone is not the best setup, I'd suggest hondata or Uberdata/Crome if you can do it. (Thats my goal also)

Hth

haha dude the only thing you have listed there that will actually increase your power output is the intake manifold, and to a lesser extent the intake. You'll be lucky if you see 20 to the wheels. Fuel Pressure regulators, fuel rails, etc, don't do jack shit. Those are parts that are meant to support other parts (turbo, etc) that actually make power. They don't do shit by themselves - Either does a clutch (which you don't need anyways). If your serious about getting 50hp, get a small turbo.

Back