gsr 98 coupe running rough

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

floridachill71

Lean and Mean
:angry: great guys. so i get my j-spec gsr into my 98 ex coupe, do the wiring myself, slap on skunk 2 pro series IM, act 6 puck clutch, act 8.5lb flywheel, and a fmax turbonetics stage 2 kit:doh:. when i dropped it down and tried to drive it for the first time, the shifter didnt want to find 1st, 3rd, or 5th. just a little of 2nd, 4th, and reverse (which was making the wheels spin forward?!?). well, i tried to pull it forward in 2nd just to see what it would do, and it started struggling real hard and sounded like it was misfiring or backfiring and it would bog down like it wanted to shut off. it idles fine and doesnt act funny when just gasing it in neutral. WTF GUYS? :confused: i need serious help!:lolhammer:

hey hey man. nice to see you got it runnin atleast. up untill not to long ago i had a big problem getting to 1st 5th, and reverse. try tightning down the shift linkage where it connects to the transmission. It dramaticly reduced my side to side play of the shifter.

well guys it wasnt the shift linkage and i have a full greddy exhaust too. so i call and call and call (techs at dealerships are assholes!!) and i get a hold of a guy that said he knew. so i dropped it out and took it to him. some kinda fork thing on the inside was broken. easy fix. thanks for the input fellas. ill keep u up to date when i get it back in.

Back