gsr aftermarket intake manifolds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dhaccordLT-R

what are the benefits of a skunk 2 intake manifold or jg vs. the stock gsr one? the motor i will be using is naturally aspirated. what else are good i.tm. to use?

just keep the stock one .... get it polished, maybe get it honed out to a larger diameter

this way you keep the secondaries and all your low end

i heard the skunk2 allows for the secondaries to be open all the time, is that tru?
what about the type r integra manifold? is that a better choice?

the ITR manifold will not fit without modification (not worth it)
and im not sure how the skunk2 deals with the secondaries

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 2 2003, 01:49 PM
and im not sure how the skunk2 deals with the secondaries

they dont, there are no secondaries on the skunk2 manifold. its like having the type-r manifold with gsr manifold bolt pattern. i say it depends on your plans for the motor. if you're just doing i/h/e and be done with it, keep the stock one. if you do headwork and pistons, get the skunk2.

ericks still uses the gsr stocker but from my understanding there are no butterflies, taken out, and it's ported the fuck out.

I still say go with the skunk2 unit, mo

MIlan

JDmilan is correct. you can create more pleneum volume with the GSR manifold. Anyone ever notice that Erick has 2 spacers in his manifold? My guess is that he has the whole manifold hollowed out and towards the intake port it narrows down for more velocity. I have been working on one for my own car. I think it will make a few extra horses. Wont know until I get another GSR head though.

Back