GSR axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twotwo

Hello i have a few questions.....i drive a 97 DX hatch with a 94 gsr motor in it.....both of my outer cv joint boots are busted on both sides....i already replaced one boot then like a couple months later it busted....so i just want to replace both axels shafts....so i went up to Napa and ask axels for the gsr and motor and she told me ABS or NON ABS and i was like i dunno.....she said that the ABS ones has some sort of ring on or something like that.....so pelase can you guys tell me which axels i should get for my setup......im assuming the ABS ones since the car i got the motor from had ABS also i have the rotors and calipers from the gsr.....thank you and have a nice day!!!

So go with the ABS axles, there is a difference. I went through the same thing last year with my '94 Si. My right axle snapped and my garage replaced it with a regular non-ABS axle and it made a strange noise. So I returned to the garage immediately, discussed the noise and they then put in the correct axle. (The only EG Si's with ABS are some of the '94's.)

sounds like you could use a better garage. The ABS ones are the same except for the striations on the ends. Get the ABS ones. You can use them one either car, whereas the other one wouldn't give the ABS the information it needs to work properly.

if your civic has abs, you need abs axels. it has nothing to do with your motor or your brakes really... your car needs to be equipped with the control unit and such.

if your civic does not have abs, you can use either.

the abs axles have a little lip thing on them, but will go into the hub either way.

Originally posted by tab@Oct 7 2003, 01:59 AM
sounds like you could use a better garage.

Not really. My Si is an oddball in the ABS dept. Even Honda treats it as such. When I needed a rear ABS sensor, it wasn't in the Honda parts book under my Si, but fortunately I remembered that the EX coupe had ABS that year too. So we ordered the part for a '94 EX instead and all was good. :)

Back