GSR B18C1 Vtec Harness HELP Wanted!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civic Gsr

Hey guys, So far my swap has been a headache. Right now im stock at the end of the swap. I was told my car wouldnt start without me wiring the vtec. I was also told that Vtec is optional. Have not checked if its true or not. Will be checking tomorrow. Now, I need help with some stupid things such as wiring the vtec.
I already know where all the wires go in the ecu, the question is, once im past the firewall and come into the engine, I want to wire it up so that it looks decent and not a bunch of cables running like a web.
Does anyone have a pic or a site of where I can see the engine harness diagram so I can pin the harness at the towers?!??!
Im not a mechanic but i wish I was, I dont know where all the sensors and switches are (the ones i need to wire up). I know their names but dont know location.
Finally, what are the names for the male female connectors to pinout the ECU? Where can I buy them? I tried Advance Auto Parts but they dont even know what an ECU is.
Ive had my car apart for too long, Im getting frustrated with this simple thing. I tried searching all over the net but no good.

HELP!!!

Ok... First... You dont NEED vtec to start the car... Look at Vtec as A/C... You car will run with it off and run with it on... the choice is yours... The check engine light will be on but it will start...

Second... What is the car's obd are you working with? If it is an obd1 and the motor is obd1... all you need to do is run Vtec pressure postive and the Vtec soldinod up to chassis harness near the battery... And ground the vtec pressure negitive somewhere... If it both are obd2 the just run a vtec harness though th firewall and plug it in... If ya dont have the harness just do the same as above except you will have to run it all the way to the computer...

If ya have an obd1 motor and obd2 car you have alot more wiring than just that... and obd2 motor in an obd1 car is alot more wiring too...

OBD2 ECU OBD2 Motor on 95 Civic Dx. I did the entire swap already.
I got everything in there. I dont know for what reason the starter went bad during the swap. That wouldnt let me start the car.
But i got a new starter and ran only vtec solenoid and vtec pressure and the car is working fine.
Exept sometimes during normal driving the RPMs rev up to 1500 and stay at that when i get to a traffic light. Most of the time is fine, it stays at 1000 1200 rpm. Every once in a while the check engine light goes on and it goes off with just re-starting the car.

The high idle sound like the issue I had, well 2 issues. The first one was because the vtec soledoid was unhooked, the second problem was the iacv. When the engine light comes on what code is it throwing?

Well the idle happens every now and then, not always...so thats not a big concern to me. If it was revving up too high yeah but its only alittle.
Unfortunally I dont have the code reader, I would have to go to a shop and pay to get a read. Im not sure but it might be because on the headers that came with the engine, there wasnt the hole for the O2 sensor, so I plugged it in to the harness and left it hanging.
But when the light goes on, there are no weird noises or high temp.

cel

to get the code that it is throwing all you have to do is take a wire, strip it on both ends and then take the two plugs that are under the pass side dash and insert one end into the black wire slot and the other into the brown wire slot. this will make your cel start blinking. whatever it blinks is your code. for example 2 long and 1 short would be 21. hopefully this helps and you dont have to take it to a shop now.

Back