GSR block girdle in an LS?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo'd ls eg

i just tore apart my gsr engine i blew in june. i broke a rod so i decided to tear some things apart and see what i was salvagable. the block girdle was still good and now i want to eventually put it into my LS engine when i go with some boost. Does anybody know if this will work and what i need to do to make it work.
Thanks

it works, but you have to use the gsr main caps and main bolts as well. be sure to thoroughly check all clearances being that you're mismatching parts from different engines :thumbsup: .

Quoted post[/post]]
it works, but you have to use the gsr main caps and main bolts as well. be sure to thoroughly check all clearances being that you're mismatching parts from different engines :thumbsup: .

AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone forgets this

you MUST USE the GSR windage tray, oil pick up and oil pan to clear the girdle.!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone forgets this

you MUST USE the GSR windage tray, oil pick up and oil pan to clear the girdle.!

:werd:

ive heard some things about mixing mains not working too well. suposedly they are line bored for each engine and mixing them might not work without getting them resized/rebored

Back