gsr block p 30 pistions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18b vtec

will a set of p30 pistions work in a jdm gsr block if so do i need to modify anything, and how good will the performance be

i have a fully built gsr head with skunk2 cams springs and retainers

Do you have an intake manifold and a TB to match? Also that combo should work good but I think you have little more than 11:5:1 compression, more like 11:8:1 compression, but I had a car with that setup and it ran nice. The peformance will be as good as the supporting mods and turner. The tune will determine how good the car will or will not run. Also what tunning device are you going to use sir?

yea i got a intake manifold but no tb iam working on that know plus the cars still on jacks i haven't installed anything yet.i dont know what tunning device yet any suggestions?

Crome or Neptune - or Hondata if you want to shell out the cash. You'll need to convert to obd1 if your car is pre-1992 or post-1995.

iam all ready running a obd1 gsr computer you got ta love that computer it makes the car run crazy..i dont know whats the best size tb to get for my set up?

You get yours bored out by max bore to like 65mm, do you have the stock tb? Also what is the rest of your setup first before I say a size? Cams , ported head or not, ported intake manifold, itb's, stock, not ported aebs, s2, blox,injectors size, 3inch intake , 2inch intake, header (what kind or what company)?

65mm throttle body is likely too big a bore for your application. I'd stick with ITR size, 62mm I believe. You can probably pick up a used ITR tb for less than it would cost to bore yours out.

Do you have an intake manifold and a TB to match? Also that combo should work good but I think you have little more than 11:5:1 compression, more like 11:8:1 compression, but I had a car with that setup and it ran nice. The peformance will be as good as the supporting mods and turner. The tune will determine how good the car will or will not run. Also what tunning device are you going to use sir?

did u have any problems with the valve to pistion cleareanc? cause thats what iam worried about i don't want to hit a pistion or bend a valve.

What cams are you running and clay the motor to see, but I had skunk2 pro 1 cams and no piston to valve clearance.

It is an easy process but it has a few steps, google should be able to tell you (make sure you specify that you want instructions for a VTEC motor, it makes a difference).

it would actually be better to degree the cams. claying the motor is becomming a thing of the past. with the right tools, you can measure everything with the head on the block, and eliminate the need to repace headgaskets, and its way quicker.

Do you have a 2.0 bottom end cause pro 2 cams are some big cams and need a 2.0 or a lot of compression to get great performance out of them. We did have a 1.8 gsr with a port and polish s2 manifold (matched the 68 mm tb), s2 68mm tb, ported and polished head with valve job by rlz, smsp header, 370cc injectors, s2 pro 2, with 11:8:1 compression tuned on aem made 220whp 145tq. Oh I forgot to say good luck with your build man hope you reach your goal of whatever you are trying to reach sir.

iight check it out, i don't think they are pro 2 cams cause the arent really that big they look like just regular skunk 2 cams plus the idle isn't that rough so i think there like stage 1 or something,( i bought the head of some one) iam running them on oem cam gears cause i havent had a chance to upgrade yet. all this is going together on a jdm gsr block with p30 pistions i just want ta make sure its a safe setup so i wouldn't bend a valve or put a hole in a pistion cause i had a lsvtec setup and i spung a bearing so. thanks for the tips though peoplez good luck to yall to.. i just got one more question , if i place usdm gsr pistions in the jdm block will anything happen will my comp. ratio drop?

Back