1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gsr block wiht a b16a head...

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by smoke, Dec 17, 2006.

1. smoke

smoke New Member

gsr block with a b16a head...

really would like to know the pros or cons for this frankenstein.. gsr block with a b16a head, if anyone knows what kind of gains i will be getting if any, and if this is a good idea. any info is appreciated.. forgot to mention i orginally had a b16a2 in my eg, now if i do this swap with the b18 block do i need some b18 motor mounts or anything new for this swap to happen?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

You won't gain anything- you'll actually lose some compression. The only reason to go with a B16 head on a GSR block is to get rid of the GSR intake manifold, or if you don't have the GSR head available to you. Putting a B16A head on a GSR block is a bolt-on affair. Putting it on a non-VTEC B18 is something completely different.

3. handlebarsfsr

handlebarsfsr Senior Member

i think he means it in the context of buying a gsr block to replace his b16 block, in which yes, he will gain substantial low end torque from the extra displacment

4. subcodyyeagle

subcodyyeagle New Member

gsr block with b16 head

also i think that the gsr block has different oil jets and is good for more boost

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted