gsr bogging

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrpoweredcivic

last time i posted this i was told to check the fuel system and mainly the fuel pump. i have changed the fuel pump and gone over everything making sure that its in working order but the problem still continues. as i accelerate and reach 3500 rpm it stumbles or boggs and then it goes away for a second and does it again at 4500 rpm right before vtec engages and then its gone and the car runs great after that. does anyone know what this could be. any help is greatly appreciated thank you

i have the same problem i was told it was the ignitor in the dizzy so i changed it and nothing same thing, so now i am changing my whole dizzy so let see if that is the problem, if not i don't know what else it could be!!

Dig into the problem, no one is goign to be able to give you a magic answer. Right now your problem is that its too broad, you have a lot of things you car check. If it always happens at those rpms it probably an electral problem.

Check grounds, check your ecu, pull ecu codes to see if you have any, check your spark plugs and wires, check you dizzy, check your timing.

you can check your MAP sensor.

use two paper clips, with the sensor plugge in, back probe two wires with two unfolded paper clips, this makes them touch the terminals inside, use a simple multimeter, measure D voltage at the White/Red wire via the paper clip, with key on engine off you should see very close to 5V.

turn on the engine, watch voltage on the white wire, with the trottle closed at idle you should see 1.5V to, with the throttle at WOT you should see 4 - 4.5 V. watch the voltage and make sure its reading about that, the voltage varies by intake manifold pressure. and sends a voltage signal back to the ecu. :)

and have you tested your tps sensor voltage

Hey guys i had this same problem in my teg. Now my friend is having it too, What i found out was it is the o2 sensor acting up. It tricks the ecu in to thinking something is wrong , i think it cuts fuel or something because of the faultiy reading. Not sure about the technical side, just it took me about 3 months to find it beacause there was no engine code. Then finialy it did it really bad, and it came on, took to autozone, scanned and it was primary ox sensor. I was happy to find out what it was, but sad to see how much honda wanted for it. Good luck i hope you figure it out.

Back